Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can autopark park just as good as my wife or better for model x?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,

can autopark park just park as good as my wife or better for model x? We are on the fence ordering FSD just for ease of parking feature in tight space for such big car. But wondering how good is the software now for model x to park by itself?

hello all,

can autopark park just park as good as my wife or better for model x? We are on the fence ordering FSD just for ease of parking feature in tight space for such big car. But wondering how good is the software now for model x to park by itself?
In the past, it's sonar autopark and there were quite a few reports of collisions during the operation at a very slow speed.

It looks like Tesla is switching to vision autopark and I have not seen any collision report from this method so far.

However, initiating autopark is unpredictable. I just can't click my finger on the screen and tell it where the general target area is then the process should start. We are at its mercy to decide which parking will be autopark. That means I might have to manually park first and then if it wants to take over the rest of the process, it would signal its intention on the screen display.

If you have time and you don't mind people honking you then Tesla autopark is a good fit.

In general, manual park is still more practical than autopark.

hello all,

Are you talking about parking in your own garage or in public spaces, parallel or perpendicular? Tesla Vision allows perpendicular parking based upon the painted lines. The old version required vehicles present on both sides of an open space.

Reactions: coolmanfever
Are you talking about parking in your own garage or in public spaces, parallel or perpendicular? Tesla Vision allows perpendicular parking based upon the painted lines. The old version required vehicles present on both sides of an open space.
Actually both.
We have a one door garage so wondering if it can drive into garage and park by itself jsut as good as human

She does alot of parallel parking or parking into shopping mall plaza during weekend.

Actually both.
We have a one door garage so wondering if it can drive into garage and park by itself jsut as good as human
She does alot of parallel parking or parking into shopping mall plaza during weekend.
Your garage option could probably be handled by standard summon (not requiring FSD), I think. Perpendicular is just very slow. I have very limited experience using parallel park (very few opportunities near me). But the few times I've tried, it was quick enough.

Parallel parking on street, parking into shopping mall plaza lot, parking into one door car garge at home.

What kind of issue r u having?
I haven't used it in about 6 months. At that time I would have to override it to prevent it from scraping the rims of the tire while parallel parking. And often it would not even recognize a legitimate parking spot, yet often it still thinks I can parallel park at a traffic light with cars next to me since I see the indicator light up on the screen :oops:

Your garage option could probably be handled by standard summon (not requiring FSD), I think. Perpendicular is just very slow. I have very limited experience using parallel park (very few opportunities near me). But the few times I've tried, it was quick enough.
everyone get summon feature by default without pay? How come my model 3 did not have summon feature by default?

Reports from YouTubers are that the vision based Autopark is much better than before, but it is still slow, does not always handle tight spaces and can be tricky to engage sometimes although it can now handle spaces without cars on either side.

The latest version of Autopark is only available to FSD Beta, So not only do you need to purchase FSD, but then you also have to go thru the qualification process keeping a 98+ Safety Score and wait to be enrolled in FSD Beta.

You might hold on FSD for now and see what your wife thinks of public Autopark. Wait until the current Beta version of Autopark gets released to FSD, then you can subscribe for a month and see if it is worth the cost to you.