Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can delivery be deferred by a week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trevor B

Apr 2, 2016
USA
Helping out a friend in Westchester County, NY who got this text re: their red AWD, aero car.

Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 and 9/30?

They are out of the country now and will be back on the 5th. I'm hoping they can ask for a delay until the 6th?

Helping out a friend in Westchester County, NY who got this text re: their red AWD, aero car.

Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 and 9/30?

They are out of the country now and will be back on the 5th. I'm hoping they can ask for a delay until the 6th?
I deferred by a couple weeks and it was no problem. Simply reply back and give them your timeframe. Even though they're mad busy Tesla is still super customer centric and will totally work with you.

I deferred by a couple weeks and it was no problem. Simply reply back and give them your timeframe. Even though they're mad busy Tesla is still super customer centric and will totally work with you.
Maybe a while ago - now they will just give that car to someone else and hope one comes along for the guy. They aren't going to let it sit for any length of time now.

Reactions: MXWing and mongo
I had a similar experience. Initially when I received my email advising me of a delivery window between Sept 24 and October 1, the email response I got back to my email saying that I would be out of the country overseas until October 3 was very discouraging.
I then received another email a couple of weeks later with a name and phone number of a different advisor. It was no problem moving my delivery one week to Monday october 8. She could not have been more accommodating.