Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can FSD be removed w/o order pricing change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MY a few weeks back (prior to recent $2k price increase).

I understand that generally configuration changes forfeit your ability to have your original order pricing honored. However, does this apply to removing software like FSD? Asking because for this particular order change there is a self-service button in My Account to just remove FSD from your order yourself. I'd like to remove ideally to lower the vehicle price on the sticker to potentially qualify for the currently-draft tax credit in 2022 (delivery estimate at time of order, at least, was Jan 2022).

What happens if I push this button? Is there some kind of confirmation which warns of any potential price changes?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.33.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.33.49 PM.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

I understand that generally configuration changes forfeit your ability to have your original order pricing honored. However, does this apply to removing software like FSD? Asking because for this particular order change there is a self-service button in My Account to just remove FSD from your order yourself. I'd like to remove ideally to lower the vehicle price on the sticker to potentially qualify for the currently-draft tax credit in 2022 (delivery estimate at time of order, at least, was Jan 2022).

What happens if I push this button? Is there some kind of confirmation which warns of any potential price changes?
I've got to think if there are any price changes you'd be presented with a screen detailing them and would need to confirm the change. When I tried to change my configuration by calling in they had to send me a text with the new pricing and the change would go into effect only after I responded CONFIRM.

Unlike an actual configuration change, FSD seems to be something you can add or remove after placing the order but before receiving your VIN.

Any updates on this? Did you end up removing FSD - did it affect the base price?

I was able to remove FSD from my MS LR order. I had to submit a ticket and work with the local service center. They removed the feature without increasing my base price or changing my delivery date.

Interesting you guys were able to remove FSD without penalty. I have a res for a YP with 8k FSD, they’ve drilled it into our heads that we will be unable to remove FSD without obtaining current YP pricing.

What was the path for this? Spoke with the service center prior to delivery? chat with Tesla? Email?

Being able to remove FSD would likely have me go through with the YP

Interesting you guys were able to remove FSD without penalty. I have a res for a YP with 8k FSD, they’ve drilled it into our heads that we will be unable to remove FSD without obtaining current YP pricing.

What was the path for this? Spoke with the service center prior to delivery? chat with Tesla? Email?

Being able to remove FSD would likely have me go through with the YP
I was able to do it myself through the website on my order reservation page.

I also removed FSD yesterday without changing my base order. Though...just to be sure..I did call tesla and talked to rep who did it via a ticket, but that was just to be 100% absolutely sure it wasn't going to change the price (which would have added $3k to my base price considering new pricing).

I really like FSD but am moving to the subscription model. I sold my original 2020 MYLR because of the insane resell value to be replaced with a new MYP that should be arriving any day. It was basically a free upgrade. However, I was shocked how little the now $10K FSD package was being valued at. I mean, if you can find a person that knows how much FSD costs and wants it, you can get more, but there are other tesla sellers that bought FSD and are basically valuing it very little so you would have to compete with those.

I would only buy the $10k package if you ABSOLUTELY for sure were going to keep the car for 4+ years, otherwise the subscription is probably going to save you money.

I’ve been wanting to remove FSD from my June 2021 MX order (which has now increased 15k In its base price) since my order.
It seems so easy to just cancel it via MyTesla since the button is front and center but i don’t want to risk the massive price increase which essentially would offset my $10k savings if it reverts my base price to the current MX pricing.
I did call and speak to 3 different tesla reps on the phone for clarity and two of them varified with their “higher ups” that it would trigger the new price while one thought it “should be okay to change without an increase.”
For now I’m holding off until I get more clarity.

Reactions: buckets0fun
I’ve been wanting to remove FSD from my June 2021 MX order (which has now increased 15k In its base price) since my order.
It seems so easy to just cancel it via MyTesla since the button is front and center but i don’t want to risk the massive price increase which essentially would offset my $10k savings if it reverts my base price to the current MX pricing.
I did call and speak to 3 different tesla reps on the phone for clarity and two of them varified with their “higher ups” that it would trigger the new price while one thought it “should be okay to change without an increase.”
For now I’m holding off until I get more clarity.
This is almost exactly what we’ve been told and why we have held off

I can confirm that I did end up using the self-service button on the website and it sends an updated order PDF which does not have any price changes beyond the removal of FSD (at least in my case). I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't allow you to self-service remove an item without confirming a price change if that were going to happen, but who knows honestly with Tesla :)

Need suggestion.
Ordered Model Y Black , w/o FSD in May 2021. waited for long time for delivery. I added FSD 3 days ago, now I got VIN number :) .
My question is, What happens if I remove FSD now? Sales person says price and delivery dates stays same. But I am not sure based on the discussions in this thread. Has anyone tried to remove FSD after VIM assigned?