Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can hight voltage battery die at all?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys! I'm looking for used Tesla model X from a salvage auction, and I'm pretty worried about fact that cars staying unplugged for 4-8 month. So there is a questions, can (!) hight voltage(main, not 12V) battery completely die for staying unplugged for half of year?

Searching for this question, I found this thread:
Tesla

So, looks like unplugged Tesla for 5 moth didn't bricking it, and it will be just charging much longer? :)

Thank you for your help!!!

It probably depends on why the car was "salvaged" if it was crashed and totaled, I am reasonably confident Tesla will not support it going forward. You need Tesla support if you are actually going to drive it.
Hello and thank you for your reply! Car was salvage in case of collision (Front end) :)
It doesn't damaged any battery or engine parts.
Also I don't plan to have any contacts/warranty/help from Tesla as a company
(just because country where I'm from doesn't have official tesla service at all, and this FINE for me)

The main question: Can MAIN battery become a brick for just staying unplugged for a year? :)
Google doesn't have any story with this case, so I decide to ask

Sorry for my english, I can't edit my first post :(

Hello and thank you for your reply! Car was salvage in case of collision (Front end) :)
It doesn't damaged any battery or engine parts.
Also I don't plan to have any contacts/warranty/help from Tesla as a company
(just because country where I'm from doesn't have official tesla service at all, and this FINE for me)

The main question: Can MAIN battery become a brick for just staying unplugged for a year? :)
Google doesn't have any story with this case, so I decide to ask

Sorry for my english, I can't edit my first post :(

You still need parts and software. I think that will be quite difficult on a car with no support. Yes, the battery very well could be dead because it has not been charged for year.