Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can HVAC be disabled in camp mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks. Can the HVAC be completely turned off and still remain in camp mode? This is what happens when I select camp mode.

Select camp mode.
Select HVAC off
I go back and look and camp mode is off.

I want to be able to use the 12 volt accessory port continuously For a cooler without wasting power on the HVAC.

Thoughts???

Thanks in advance.

Ok. Sentry on. Running a test with a small load on the 12 volt ACC plug.
Also check baseline Sentry Mode power usage vs Camp Mode with A/C off, heat off (temp LO), fan set to 1, and display brightness all the way down. I wouldn't be surprised if Sentry Mode uses more power.

I believe ODBII port data logging should be able to show which uses less power, though I haven't setup anything for that yet.

Also check baseline Sentry Mode power usage vs Camp Mode with A/C off, heat off (temp LO), fan set to 1, and display brightness all the way down. I wouldn't be surprised if Sentry Mode uses more power.

I believe ODBII port data logging should be able to show which uses less power, though I haven't setup anything for that yet.
So no go with sentry mode. 15 minutes and lights out. Trying with camp mode on but HVAC off...but I’m fairly certain when you turn off the HVAC it exits camp mode.

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
Still waiting for "tailgate mode" which would keep the audio on without having to use "camp mode" or otherwise keeping the HVAC on. It would seem reasonable to keep the 12V accessory powered up as well in this mode. This is yet another one of the things Elon tweeted would be added (without a timeframe) that never was. Very frustrating that the car has so much potential to be a great tailgate vehicle, but ends up being pretty lousy because of this!

Reactions: Aellinsar