Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I add more solar with PG&E?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I likely have the gen 5, it's 72 dBM right at the top when the compressor is running. water heater is in the garage and I can hear it making a constant sharp sound in the living room after showering. fortunately the compressor doesn't run the whole day so it's ok. but I am looking to get some sound dampening foam from amazon that will hopefully help.
Tangental question - does the Rheem app for you show per hour consumption?
Mine generally shows zero usage every other hour, and 2x what I'd expect on the others. There are rarer times it will show usage during adjacent hours though.
It's not a huge deal since the daily total seems to be correct, but we're all about accurate data here.

Lmfao I’m an electrician and this is what I’ve done. I laughed so hard at how you said it. I’m dining everything up to code and adding enough to cover usage.

do-it-ben-stiller.gif

Reactions: gaswalla
I'm assuming the worst thing that could happen is PGE doesn't increase the maximum allowable production, but since I use so much of it to charge powerwalls, I still won't come close even with the extra production to exceeding what I'm already allowed.

Lol your view of worst case could use some work.

Worst case is PG&E lights your neighbors on fire killing them, then burns down your house. And when PG&E sets aside $13 Bn of value to pay for claims since in many cases home insurance wasn't paying due to having dropped dumb-azzes for living in a fire prone region.

So PG&E pushes an agenda to pay for those claims mostly in PG&E stock; while the victims wanted cash but were denied by the courts.

To make sure the $13 Bn of value is there for injured victims/survivors (you know, people who didn't die a melty-death)... the pro-PG&E group pretends to create a backstop of value where the funds managing the stock cannot sell that stock until the right time. This way the $13 Bn is around when it's time to pay for claims.

But, the bad news is the hedge funds take the opportunity of having downside protection on the assets to just dump the stock anyway. So the $13 Bn becomes more like $10.5 Bn and those being paid by PG&E get to tell you to go f-yourself.

Then PG&E says you aren't paying your fair share of fixed costs since your house burned down and you suck for using less electricity. That's the worst case.

Tangental question - does the Rheem app for you show per hour consumption?
Mine generally shows zero usage every other hour, and 2x what I'd expect on the others. There are rarer times it will show usage during adjacent hours though.
It's not a huge deal since the daily total seems to be correct, but we're all about accurate data here.

Yup my usage appears to be updated every other hour as well. I’m averaging almost 3 kWh per day since install a month ago. How about you? Even at 3kWh per day it’s more than the annual usage on the energy guide at 866 per day. Hopefully warmer weather will make a big difference.