TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Can I add Solarcity to my Tesla account?

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by kennygunit, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kennygunit

kennygunit New Member

Hey Everyone!

I've had Solar City Solar Panels on my roof for about a year or two, and I was wondering if there was a way to link that to my Tesla account? I have the solar city app, but since the two companies merged, did they allow this yet?

Thanks!

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Yeah, sure, why not? Its okay with me. Go a head. Need me to sign anything? :)

3. kennygunit

kennygunit New Member

haha, how do i do this?!

4. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I am interested in this as well..I have my Tesla and solar city account on two different emails so I actually received another referral code for my Solar City setup. I changed the email address on the solar city to my Tesla account but not sure if I am suppose to see anything on MyTesla.

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Oh. Well. That's entirely different question. Buy a Powerwall 2 and use my referral code. :)

6. arnolddeleon

arnolddeleon Member

I've tried contacting their support with a similar request since my Solar City account and Tesla accounts had different e-mail addresses. So far I've heard nothing back.

arnold

7. Shygar

Shygar Member

I have access to the app based on having a powerwall, but they told me I still need to use the My SolarCity app for the solar details. The Tesla app gives me the overall power drawn from solar. My panels aren't yet active since I'm waiting on PG&E to let me turn it on so I don't know what the SolarCity app actually does but I have that box that connects to it wirelessly I think.