Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I adjust the front parking warning distance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model S is a tight fit into our 1950s-built garage. I've hung a tennis ball from the ceiling that when touching the windshield, puts the car into the optimal position in the garage. But, the STOP warning happens about two inches earlier, and my wife tends to stop when she hears the warning. This results in the garage door possibly rubbing on the car bumper.

Can I adjust the distance at which this STOP warning occurs?

My model S is a tight fit into our 1950s-built garage. I've hung a tennis ball from the ceiling that when touching the windshield, puts the car into the optimal position in the garage. But, the STOP warning happens about two inches earlier, and my wife tends to stop when she hears the warning. This results in the garage door possibly rubbing on the car bumper.

Can I adjust the distance at which this STOP warning occurs?
There is no way to adjust the warning. Perhaps try training you wife t go two inches past the stop tone?

Within 10" of the front bumper is nothing! I have to park practically touching the front wall in order leave safe room between trunk and the door of my tiny 1930’s-vintage garage. The stop warning and tones begin long before the car is in safe position.

I have the warning tones turned OFF (no way to adjust the distance for the warning) and I ignore the visual stop warning, then just use a hanging tennis ball to know exactly when to stop

Aside from turning off the warning tone and having her learn to use the tennis-ball-touching-windshield as a guide, another suggestion would be to install one of those rubber parking wheel-stops/curbs on the garage floor where the front wheels should stop.