Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I apply for PTO with PGE myself instead of waiting for Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had some issues with Tesla and I am re-submitting my application with PG&E for PTO for a 17kw system with 3 x power walls, install was completed in April 2022.

PGE ask for the following info for the Powerwall, I have no idea:

1. Generator Type: Invertor: External / Incorporated or Machine: synchronous / induction
2 Nameplate rating (kw)
3. Output voltage rating
4. Power factor

See attached screenshot, they are asking for lots of info, any help will be greatly appreciated or a sample application.

Attachments

• pge.png
    pge.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 152
I have had some issues with Tesla and I am re-submitting my application with PG&E for PTO for a 17kw system with 3 x power walls, install was completed in April 2022.

PGE ask for the following info for the Powerwall, I have no idea:

1. Generator Type: Invertor: External / Incorporated or Machine: synchronous / induction
2 Nameplate rating (kw)
3. Output voltage rating
4. Power factor

See attached screenshot, they are asking for lots of info, any help will be greatly appreciated or a sample application.
My installer took care of all this stuff

Why isn't Tesla re-submitting for you?

We can only speculate, but the only reason I can think of someone would want to do this is because they are having some dispute with their installer, and the installer wont submit on their behalf. Tesla doesnt submit for PTO until they receive payment, at least from all accounts I have read (and personal experience), for example.

I am going to guess that the issue is something like "System was installed, inspection failed / unresolved damage during installation, there is an open dispute / disagreement between the OP and Tesla over what will resolve the failed inspection / unresolved damage, and tesla will not submit for PTO".

Thats just pure speculation on my part though, based on the typical pattern for this type of thing when its posted here. I am not an insider as regulars know, im just a regular person.

1) Inverter/Incorporated
2) 15 kW (for 3 PWs)
3) 120/240V
4) I'd go with 0.85 leading to 0.85 lagging, the PW spec sheet indicates that is the limit for maximum power rating.

Cheers, Wayne
Thanks for the info, I have 3 x Powerwall with 2 x P+, how do I check which model I have? Anyway from app?

All this info PGE are asking for id difficult to find, can I not submit as Solar application and add Powerwall info later if asked.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I have 3 x Powerwall with 2 x P+, how do I check which model I have? Anyway from app?
Then your storage size would be 25 kW, and your PV size would be I think 2x7.6 =14.4 kW, but I'm not 100% sure on that last one.

All this info PGE are asking for id difficult to find, can I not submit as Solar application and add Powerwall info later if asked.
In theory, maybe, but as your PV inverters are integrated into the ESS product, I don't see how you can submit an application for PV only, since you obviously will have ESS.

Cheers, Wayne