Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I avoid paying sales tax in Nevada..........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to order a 2021 MY but do NOT want to pay the state of Nevada 4850.00 in sales Tax. My daughter's best friend goes to school at the University of Oregon. Her family is loaded so I was going to have her order,buy and take delivery in Eugene. After a week, sell it to me as a private party sale. This way she pays no sales tax in Oregon and I buy from her as a private party sale. Nevada does not charge sales tax on private party sales. I just cannot bring myself to pay that much tax to this state.

thoughts ????

I want to order a 2021 MY but do NOT want to pay the state of Nevada 4850.00 in sales Tax. My daughter's best friend goes to school at the University of Oregon. Her family is loaded so I was going to have her order,buy and take delivery in Eugene. After a week, sell it to me as a private party sale. This way she pays no sales tax in Oregon and I buy from her as a private party sale. Nevada does not charge sales tax on private party sales. I just cannot bring myself to pay that much tax to this state.

thoughts ????
Don’t be cheap. Pay your fair share.

When the fire department can't bring themselves to answer your call for help, just remember that you couldn't bring yourself to pay sales tax.
our fire dept got caught scamming the people of las vegas out of 10 million in fake padding of their retirement. Not one person went to jail and none of the money was recovered. Screw them. State is broke thanks to huge retirement deals for these guys. Average FD gets 205k a year in retirement after only 20 years of service.

our fire dept got caught scamming the people of las vegas out of 10 million in fake padding of their retirement. Not one person went to jail and none of the money was recovered. Screw them. State is broke thanks to huge retirement deals for these guys. Average FD gets 205k a year in retirement after only 20 years of service.
Only 20 years of putting their lives in jeopardy daily. Being on call, saving lives and livelihoods, EMS, preventing major tragedy, helping catch criminal arsonists, public service, and on and on.

If you make it 20 years in that field, you deserve every penny of your pension. That’s not an easy life.