Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I cancel my FSD without penalty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my Cybertruck 2 years ago I included FSD. I'm becoming less and less interested in it as time goes on. So...does anyone know Tesla's policy on order changes these days? When final configuration time comes, can I delete the FSD but keep the original price from when I placed the order?

You may have reserved FSD at a lower price and if so, it might be to your advantage to keep it for now. FSD will likely improve significantly by the time cybertrucks are delivered. You can remove it before delivery. Just be aware that hardware prices might reset to the date of latest order change.

Reactions: Ogre
just to highlight a slight technicality - you didn't order a CyberTruck, you placed a reservation.
Assuming it works like previous reservations you will get to opportunity to place your real order based on your reservation, but that's when you get to choose what you're actually buying.
As it says in the order agreement, you can confirm the configuration at order time and they will confirm the real price. So right now all we have is a place in line to purchase :cool:

You may have reserved FSD at a lower price and if so, it might be to your advantage to keep it for now. FSD will likely improve significantly by the time cybertrucks are delivered. You can remove it before delivery. Just be aware that hardware prices might reset to the date of latest order change.

The hardware prices arent fixed. Theres zero chance the 4 motor will be under $90k and the 3 motor and 1 motor will never get made. I expect the 2 motor to be $70k

Reactions: raptor5244