Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can i choose winter tires instead of all season?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately you cannot. They will only provide the default tire that comes with whichever wheel choice you made. You will have to either buy a winter wheel package from the Tesla shop online or get an aftermarket set. You will need to buy the OEM TPMS sensors from Tesla though if you go with an aftermarket wheel/tire combo.

Unfortunately you cannot. They will only provide the default tire that comes with whichever wheel choice you made. You will have to either buy a winter wheel package from the Tesla shop online or get an aftermarket set. You will need to buy the OEM TPMS sensors from Tesla though if you go with an aftermarket wheel/tire combo.
oem evem while keeping rim and channging tires? sucks.... are they expensive?

In my experience it should be possible to purchase Tesla rims and sensors (without tires) from Tesla. I don't think they show on their website for online purchase but should be available if one contacts one of their Service Centers directly. Aftermarket rims may be cheaper than ones bought from Tesla (and might be preferred visually by some owners).

In my experience it should be possible to purchase Tesla rims and sensors (without tires) from Tesla. I don't think they show on their website for online purchase but should be available if one contacts one of their Service Centers directly. Aftermarket rims may be cheaper than ones bought from Tesla (and might be preferred visually by some owners).
It is possible to buy the rims from Tesla but they charge more than they are worth.

Reactions: Vawlkus
It is possible to buy the rims from Tesla but they charge more than they are worth.
I agree that they cost a lot; I think they were much cheaper when we bought our extra set in 2019. I personally like having 8 identical rims; if a rim is damaged I can substitute one of my "off-season" rims while waiting for a replacement. Hopefully I'm never in that position but wouldn't want to have the car parked while waiting for a replacement rim.

I agree that they cost a lot; I think they were much cheaper when we bought our extra set in 2019. I personally like having 8 identical rims; if a rim is damaged I can substitute one of my "off-season" rims while waiting for a replacement. Hopefully I'm never in that position but wouldn't want to have the car parked while waiting for a replacement rim.
Yeah they definitely raised the prices on them sometime in 2019 IIRC.

good luck with whichever route you take.