Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I connect car charging cable to wall charging cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

Just bought a Model Y on Saturday, never charged it. The electrician is installing the Wall connecter with 20' right now...

The problem is that I have construction happening at home and there is a dumpster in the drive way and I wont be able to reach the wall cable...

Can I connect the car charging cable to the end of the wall charging cable and charge from 40' away?

This is temporary of course...

Thanks
Arun

All,

Just bought a Model Y on Saturday, never charged it. The electrician is installing the Wall connecter with 20' right now...

The problem is that I have construction happening at home and there is a dumpster in the drive way and I wont be able to reach the wall cable...

Can I connect the car charging cable to the end of the wall charging cable and charge from 40' away?

This is temporary of course...

Thanks
Arun
No.

Best you'll be able to do is a heavy duty extension cord that will get a 120V circuit within range of your car. TBH, I'd just supercharge or charge at some nearby L2 site until you can get home charging. You are in New Jersey, not rural Wyoming.

Check www.plugshare.com for nearby chargers as well.

Reactions: Rocky_H and GtiMart
Upvote 0