Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I delay delivery for 6 month or longer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MY LR in early June.
I was offered to get delivery from Tesla in September.
But I got pre-approved for a loan from a bank for my business.
Banker advised not to get auto-loans before I take out the pre-approved loan.
Can I get MY delivered 2022 May or so?
Currently my account is on hold the the previous auto loan preauthorization cancelled due to time.
Car price went up by $2500 so I want to keep my order.
If anyone knows what's gonna happen to my order share your thoughts. Thanks.

I ordered MY LR in early June.
I was offered to get delivery from Tesla in September.
But I got pre-approved for a loan from a bank for my business.
Banker advised not to get auto-loans before I take out the pre-approved loan.
Can I get MY delivered 2022 May or so?
Currently my account is on hold the the previous auto loan preauthorization cancelled due to time.
Car price went up by $2500 so I want to keep my order.
If anyone knows what's gonna happen to my order share your thoughts. Thanks.

Delivery estimates can be very unpredictable so it is hard to synchronize your plan.

Tesla prefers us to work on its schedule so when it is time for it to get you to move and you are not ready, it will move on.

Upvote 0
As long as you don't cancel your order, you should be fine. Some believe the deposit will expire after a few months. I have my order timeline in my signature below. Basically ordered end of January 2021, placed a hold when I was initially supposed to receive the car and left it like that until I was ready sometime in August and received my car about two weeks after I removed the hold. You'll get different responses based on different experiences.

Upvote 0
As long as you don't cancel your order, you should be fine. Some believe the deposit will expire after a few months. I have my order timeline in my signature below. Basically ordered end of January 2021, placed a hold when I was initially supposed to receive the car and left it like that until I was ready sometime in August and received my car about two weeks after I removed the hold. You'll get different responses based on different experiences.
How did you place a hold? Did you click something online or call a SA?

Upvote 0
How did you place a hold? Did you click something online or call a SA?
When your car is due to be delivered, the SA will call you. Trying to contact your SA anytime before this resulted in absolutely no response for me. Like a black hole. Emails and calls disappeared into the void.
In the end I figured they would need to contact me to verify payment and delivery, so didn't stress about it until they called. Then I told them I wasn't ready to pick up and wanted to wait awhile. They were understanding and cool about it. No mention of losing your place in queue or anyting like that. They just said, ok, when ready, just let us know. Two days later the website showed that it was on Hold and there was a new button that you click when you are ready to take it off hold. Fairly straight forward.

Upvote 0
I placed an order in May 2021. When I put it on hold (waiting to see about the tax credit), the new date was January 1st, 2022. I called Tesla this weekend and asked when I could extend the hold until, and they told me March 2022. At that point, we should know one way or the other about the tax credit and new batteries. If the credit doesn't happen and we are still waiting on Giga Austin, I'm just going to take delivery at that point.

Upvote 0