Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed a reservation in March 2022 for a Model Y and the delivery date was Sept-December 2022. Then in June the date was changed by Tesla to March 2023-June 2023. I opted to extend the lease on my existing Honda an additional year since my Tesla was extended out. Now I got a text from Tesla saying my car will be ready in a few days. Can I delay? What is someone supposed to do when they move delivery so far out and then move it up?

Probably worth taking delivery for the $3500 additional credit available this month. If you don't take delivery and choose to get back in line next year, you'd probably be subject to current pricing at that time, which may or may not be worth it.

What $3500 credit is available for this month?

Thank You,
$3750 not $3500.

All December deliveries of M3 and MY both existing orders and inventory orders get this credit which has been covered in every blog that covers Tesla news.

Google or DuckDuckGo "Tesla Dec 2022 $3750 credit".

Also if you want people to respond to you try quoting them so they get a notification vs just replying in-thread.

OP must have missed all the excitements happening since last night.
Yes, I don't make it a habit of following all the Tesla news. Life is too complicated with a large family, running a business, a day job, and managing our five car family motor pool. We have two 3s and both our previous cars purchased in 2018 came pretty much on schedule. Throwing this sudden purchase in the mix complicates things at any already complicated time of the year.

I placed a reservation in March 2022 for a Model Y and the delivery date was Sept-December 2022. Then in June the date was changed by Tesla to March 2023-June 2023. I opted to extend the lease on my existing Honda an additional year since my Tesla was extended out. Now I got a text from Tesla saying my car will be ready in a few days. Can I delay? What is someone supposed to do when they move delivery so far out and then move it up?
as your initial date was for this year you probably won't be able to delay more than a week.
They now have the $3750 discount to sweeten the deal as well, so even less likely to let you delay to next year.
Down side to cancelling is that you lose your $250 but more importantly you lose the better price you got by ordering in March.

as your initial date was for this year you probably won't be able to delay more than a week.
They now have the $3750 discount to sweeten the deal as well, so even less likely to let you delay to next year.
Down side to cancelling is that you lose your $250 but more importantly you lose the better price you got by ordering in March.
I have a feeling they will introduce the standard range with a base price of $60,990 and lots of people will go for that instead of the long range..