Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I extend my extended warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 MX is covered for another 18 months by the 2 year/25,000 mile extended warranty the previous owner bought.

Does anyone know if I can pay to extend the extended warranty to the 4 year/50,000 mile version? If so, who would I contact about that? Tesla service?

Thanks!
Unfortunately you can't. Extended Service Agreement. But you can try 3rd party warranty if you want.
1650044924436.png

My Model 3 just came out of warranty also last week.
Carshield offers this: Carshield Aluminum Warranty. I think I was quoted about $ 250/month, so not cheap.
To be honest, does not look that great, and many of the things it covers are something only an ICE owner would find helpful. A big exclusion is powertrain (including drive battery), but that is fine, as Tesla will cover that for another four years. That said, I hope to go on a 5K road trip this summer, so I might pick it up for a couple of months (keep in mind, it has a 30 day waiting period), so you'd want to either start it before your Tesla warranty expires (they will waive the waiting period) or a month before you expect to be doing a big road trip or otherwise expect it to be a good value for you.

About two weeks before my warranty is set to lapse, I did make a note of everything I could think of that had glitches booked an appointment with Tesla on the App. The first appointment I could get was for AFTER the warranty expired, but I am pretty sure Tesla will honor any needed repairs as I documented the issues prior to 4 year warranty lapsed. Ideally, book this appointment for before the warranty ends. If the warranty JUST ended, I'd book ASAP, and hope that Tesla will be able to bend the rule a bit for short amount of time. This is a good idea to do for any car, Tesla or otherwise.

I bought my second Model S from
My 2017 MX is covered for another 18 months by the 2 year/25,000 mile extended warranty the previous owner bought.

Does anyone know if I can pay to extend the extended warranty to the 4 year/50,000 mile version? If so, who would I contact about that? Tesla service?

Thanks!
I was told that a warranty cannot be extended if you weren't the original owner. Can anyone confirm this? I was never told this when I purchased the car.