Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I get my order fee back if I Canceling my order [no]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Order Process; Cancellation; Changes. After you submit your completed order, we will begin the process of preparing and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. At this point, you agree that any paid Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation fee have been earned. If you cancel your order or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order, you agree that we may retain as liquidated damages the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee, to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law. You acknowledge that the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee are a fair and reasonable estimate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in transporting, remarketing, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise impracticable or extremely difficult to determine."

Maybe I'll just finance it then sell it after. Probably easier to do it that way and make couple of extra bucks.

I would really (really really) examine whether you will actually "make a couple extra bucks" on such a transaction right now. In normal cases, no one makes money buying a brand new car and flipping it unless its super in demand and not available.

That existed earlier this year for model 3s and Ys but basically doesnt exist the same now. I would be very surprised if there is any chance at all at you buying the car, paying CA taxes, waiting the 4-8 weeks its going to take for title transfer, etc, then selling it and actually even breaking even, let alone "making a few bucks".

Reactions: JimShaw and tm1v2