Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I get tax rebate with Model Y RWD 7 seater?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, searching around the interwebs for an hour trying to find an answer, no luck so hoping for an answer from someone who knows a lot more than me.

I have a family of 6 and a dog and need a big car. We want to get a Tesla for a number of reasons but are looking at a van again for two really big ones. Comfort (a lot bigger), and price (47k vs 70k). We would likely be willing to squeeze if the price difference wasn’t so huge.

I hear there is a new RWD model Y that gets the 5k tax break in Canada. I’m not sure whether it still would get the rebate if you add on the seven seater. Also wondering if the seven seater is even an option, I hear there are not many in Canada. I could find the answer to the latter questions maybe by ordering, but the former I really need help with.

Thank you in advance for sharing your expertise and time. All advice appreciated.

Live in Ontario

There is no RWD 7 seater. Only AWD LR is 7 seater. Just go for the van since you will end up paying not 70 but 80K with the 2 motors. We switched from an van to LR 7 seater but only since we don't need all that space. Third row can only fit ur dog not ur family and dog.

Upvote 0