Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I head to service center and pick up w/out appt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - frustrating process but I was informed that my Tesla has arrived in Austin and will be home delivered to me on Thursday (6/10). I actually much prefer to go to the store itself (pictures, memories, etc) and would love to pick it up tomorrow...as family is here for a day and I’d love to take them for a spin.

has anyone showed up to the delivery center (knowing their car is there) and been able to pick up without a scheduled apt?

No, that wont work. You can attempt to contact them and see if they will do that, but if you just show up, you are likely just going to be here later that day saying something like:
=================
"I dont understand Tesla! Dont they want my money?!?!?! When I bought cars before from <insert ICE dealer> They always held my car and I could pick it up when I wanted to! I expected this to be a special day, so what if I didnt have an appointment when I went down there, it wouldnt have taken long, they should have just accommodated me! Tesla is the worst, this horrible purchasing experience continues!"
=================

Or something like it. The one caveat to that is, in Texas, you guys have to actually buy the car first, so you already likely own it. Try calling the delivery center and maybe they can work it out for you, but dont just show up, unless you wont be upset if they tell you "no".

Reactions: True2TheGame
Upvote 0
No, that wont work. You can attempt to contact them and see if they will do that, but if you just show up, you are likely just going to be here later that day saying something like:
=================
"I dont understand Tesla! Dont they want my money?!?!?! When I bought cars before from <insert ICE dealer> They always held my car and I could pick it up when I wanted to! I expected this to be a special day, so what if I didnt have an appointment when I went down there, it wouldnt have taken long, they should have just accommodated me! Tesla is the worst, this horrible purchasing experience continues!"
=================

Or something like it. The one caveat to that is, in Texas, you guys have to actually buy the car first, so you already likely own it. Try calling the delivery center and maybe they can work it out for you, but dont just show up, unless you wont be upset if they tell you "no".
Haha, thanks for the reply. I'm understanding if they can't give the car -- frustrations are worth it for the product. I'll give them a ring. Thanks!

Upvote 0