Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can i just buy 14-30 adapters from Tesla shop and plug into my dryer's outlet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dryer's outlet is right next to my rental house's garage. It is easily reachable by mobile connector. I am moving out the rental house in few months so there is no point to install a new 14-50 outlet or wall charger. Plus. 14-50 adapter is out of stock for some reason online.

In the mean time, can I just buy 14-30 adapters from Tesla shop and plug it into the dryer's power outlet to charge my car? Thank you.

Absolutely. That should work perfect as a temporary solution and at very little cost.

Those outlets were not made to be plugged in and out daily so be very careful when you do. Pull it out slowly and support the outlet with you other hand when you do. Please be very careful with your hand placement. Hopefully you only dry your clothes once a week and can keep your mobile charger plugged in normally and don’t need to physically take it with you during a normal week.

My dryer's outlet is right next to my rental house's garage. It is easily reachable by mobile connector. I am moving out the rental house in few months so there is no point to install a new 14-50 outlet or wall charger. Plus. 14-50 adapter is out of stock for some reason online.

In the mean time, can I just buy 14-30 adapters from Tesla shop and plug it into the dryer's power outlet to charge my car? Thank you.

Yes, I have charging at work; but home charge this way on weekends every couple of weeks. Works great