Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I load a 65” TV into my Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shipping is often free now. TVs are bigger, screens are more fragile than ever. 55" or smaller are light enough to handle by yourself, but once you get to 65" or larger, you really need two people and have to be extra careful.

I’m looking to purchase a 65” TV and was wondering if anyone has attempted to load one into their Model 3 in either the trunk or back seat. It seems like it may be a really tight fit so I would prefer not to buy it only to find it doesn’t fit.

Thanks!
I bought a 65” TV this past November. It was an LG OLED from Costco. Folded down the back seat and it fit perfectly! Of course I had measured before so no surprises.
Who would have thought no need to rent a truck but my M3 did the job.
Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: mrau
In the box? If so would love to see a picture of that, lol

I'll need to remember to take pictures when I load my car next time ;) it wasn't completely flat. I had to slide it in and it was laying at a slight angle. My dad's house is about 5 mins from Best Buy so he didn't mind.

In the box? If so would love to see a picture of that, lol

I'll need to remember to take pictures when I load my car next time ;) it wasn't completely flat. I had to slide it in and it was laying at a slight angle. My dad's house is about 5 mins from Best Buy so he didn't mind.

You're absolutely right. It was actually a UHD. Dad kept changing his mind between the models and he ended up choosing the UHD. My apologies.

What glass are you referring to? Pretty much no TV has glass (a few LG OLEDs which are plastic mounted on glass excepting).
I got the LG OLED E8. That thing is heavy! I thought it was two pieces of glass, but you're probably right.

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that a high percentage of Tesla owners have OLEDs. Those TVs spoil you. Hard to watch a regular LED, even if it's got quantum/nano/mini/micro thingamajigs.

I got the LG OLED E8. That thing is heavy! I thought it was two pieces of glass, but you're probably right.

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that a high percentage of Tesla owners have OLEDs. Those TVs spoil you. Hard to watch a regular LED, even if it's got quantum/nano/mini/micro thingamajigs.

Right. The LG E8 doesn’t have a glass display. Still plastic like every other OLED. Just LG marketing, sadly. The plastic screen is mounted on a piece of glass surround. Pretty TV, though!

And yep, once you go OLED there’s no going back.

Reactions: KenC
Did you get an extended warranty from Costco? I know they used to do that if you purchased with their credit card.

Yes, if you purchase the TV online they include the 3 year Square Trade warranty plus the 2 year Costco warranty for a total of five years of coverage. If you buy the Square Trade warranty in the store it’s $100, so I saved the $100 by buying online and I didn’t have to mess around with squeezing it into my trunk.

Reactions: Atari2600
Given that an HD TV has a screen aspect ratio of 1.78:1, a 70" diagonal screen would have to be at least 34.3" inches high and 61" inches wide. You can probably assume that the thickness is at least 5". Add a couple of inches on each side for bezels/blankets (assuming a disconnected stand) and that should tell you if you have enough room. If it's in a box, then that would depend upon how much padding the manufacturer uses.

Reactions: mbdionio and KenC