Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I make it from Page AZ to Blanding UT Superchargers this weekend?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving from Page to Moab, with a stop at Blanding. But, I do have a very full car with probably 600 lbs of people, luggage, and other gear. With 18k miles, original 18” Michelin’s, the car says 290 miles max at full charge. 180 miles has been my worst range experience, but that was 20 degrees, 80mph Interstate, high head winds, but not much elevation change. I am expecting to full charge at Page before we leave. And keeping the L2 in mind, if needed, at Twin Rocks in Bluff. I am most concerned with the elevation increase coming into Blanding. Actually, I am most concerned with my wife’s nervousness when the range meter goes “red”. :).
So, I want to pick the best route. Google Maps says the Monument Valley route is shortest, but maybe there is a bunch of extra elevation on that stretch?
I think you'll make it just fine if you keep your speed in check. The bicycle route on google maps (Thanks KJD!) says you'll gain 1800 ft elevation regardless of which route you take. I'd go through monument valley. I tried "A better route planner" but it doesn't show the elevation change anymore. It says 191 miles. Should be a piece of case, especially if you keep your speed at 65.
Ah - it was evtripplanner.com. That is saying you'll need 45 kWh for the trip with a 600 lbs load and a 15 mph wind in your face. 1700 ft elevation delta via monument valley or the other route - no difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepBlueMN
Driving from Page to Moab, with a stop at Blanding. But, I do have a very full car with probably 600 lbs of people, luggage, and other gear. With 18k miles, original 18” Michelin’s, the car says 290 miles max at full charge. 180 miles has been my worst range experience, but that was 20 degrees, 80mph Interstate, high head winds, but not much elevation change. I am expecting to full charge at Page before we leave. And keeping the L2 in mind, if needed, at Twin Rocks in Bluff. I am most concerned with the elevation increase coming into Blanding. Actually, I am most concerned with my wife’s nervousness when the range meter goes “red”. :).
So, I want to pick the best route. Google Maps says the Monument Valley route is shortest, but maybe there is a bunch of extra elevation on that stretch?
I drove this same route a couple of years ago in our 2015 P85D with no issues... and it only has 253 mile rated range when new. IMHO you should be just fine if you simply keep an eye on your estimated % charge at your destination along your route... and adjust your speed accordingly. When I got 3/4 of the way between Page & Blanding and saw my projected range was ~ 20% I increased my speed and arrived with ~ 12% remaining. EASY