TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

can i open multiple tabs in tesla browser?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by JenniferQ, Oct 8, 2015.

1. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

If so, how? And why does the CAP always lock?

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Nope. Browser is very lacking. So slow that it is essentially unusable, except for when you have favorites that are basic, like Waze for Tesla (very handy) or stock quotes with EVannex's TAPP. Forget about interactive searches. It'll drive you crazy. Hopefully they will upgrade at some point. But I bet it is very low on the list.

Not sure about the caps lock.

3. rjt65

rjt65 Member

hmmm are you (Chg-On) on 3g? LTE for me is fine. haven't used it much but played when i supercharged 1 X, and when i was waiting in car for someone.

4. MileHighMotoring

I don't use nor plan to use the browser, but it's super crazy basic. Firefox v1.0 in 2002 had tabs.

5. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

The irony is that there are enough programmers who own Teslas who would gladly work on the browser code for free to make it more useable...

6. scottm

scottm Active Member

..and maybe some of the other apps. Like nav.

7. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I'd just be happy to be able to open a single tab (without waiting 10 minutes for the page to load!)

8. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

I think it might be purposely lacking in functionality to avoid people using it too much? It it was fast, had tabs, etc. it would be too much of a distraction. I still find it useful and use it a lot, but wonder if it even should be allowed while driving since it can be distracting? My Tahoe locks me out from entering an address in navigation one the vehicle moves (or it did until I installed an aftermarket lockpic).

9. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Yes, I am on 3G. I have thought about upgrading. But I have read so many conflicting comments about it. Some say it helps a lot. Some say no real change. From what I understand, the browser is so basic that the real issue is that Tesla needs to fix that. Posts below yours comment on this in this thread. I do live in an area with not the greatest cell reception, regardless of 3- or 4G, due to all the damn tree huggers who don't want more cell towers. Now, I am actually a tree hugger. But I also want decent reception where my calls aren't dropped every couple of miles!!!

10. rjt65

rjt65 Member

#10 rjt65, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Mine is fine on LTE.

3g drives me nutz when I am in a store with no LTE on my phone, and i go to google a price or reviews, when it does not immediately pop up i always will see 3g and i give up. LTE flies, 3g reminds me of AOL on modem... ;-)

Maybe if you go into service center ask to see one with LTE and try it. than it may make sense to upgrade. I have seen other posts that lot people were happy upgrading.

Still no multiple tabs