Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I pay for some of my Model S with a credit card?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've paid the $5k deposit with a CC, can I pay more with a credit card? I was planning to finance some and pay about 1/2 cash -- but would certainly prefer to pay that portion with a CC and get some miles or cashback etc. Anyone know if Tesla will allow me to either pay more of a deposit on a CC now (I've already finalized) or pay with a CC once they come asking for their money?

I've paid the $5k deposit with a CC, can I pay more with a credit card? I was planning to finance some and pay about 1/2 cash -- but would certainly prefer to pay that portion with a CC and get some miles or cashback etc. Anyone know if Tesla will allow me to either pay more of a deposit on a CC now (I've already finalized) or pay with a CC once they come asking for their money?

I think I read that you can't. I assume your reservation was made a few months ago and not today... If it was today, your reservation number would be nice to see.

I asked this question of the Tesla team a while back, and they indicated that a credit card payment is only available for the deposit. Too bad, that would be a lot of bonus points for the card....

Depending on your state, you may be able to pay for your tax, license and registration with credit card. That's the case for me in Arizona. My final MVPA was without any of those charges and the car will have temporary CA registration when I receive it.

I plan to use a credit card at AZDOT for the full amount due to the state. That, along with the initial $5,000 is pretty decent.

Depending on your state, you may be able to pay for your tax, license and registration with credit card. That's the case for me in Arizona. My final MVPA was without any of those charges and the car will have temporary CA registration when I receive it.

I plan to use a credit card at AZDOT for the full amount due to the state. That, along with the initial $5,000 is pretty decent.

This is good to know. Please let me know if AZ MVD charges you a transaction fee. Also, if City of Scottsdale sends you a city sales tax bill after you register with AZ. Fortunately the extra 1% AZ sales tax went away after the election. I think our registration fee on an EV is freakishly cheap too, like $5.