Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I prevent charging after it reaches my %limit but leave the charger connected?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I charge at 10 PM when the rates are low, and I normally get done with the 85% early morning. However, since the charger is still connected, the car periodically charges to compensate for the battery drain. Is this something I should be concerned about? Is this normal and won't be bad for the battery?

Thank you.

1634846956042.png

I believe the answer to the question asked in the thread title is "no, you can not stop the car from doing that. If its plugged in, it will charge when it thinks it needs to".

I would also check your teslafi logs to ensure that your car shows as sleeping. I dont use teslafi, but thought I saw screenshots from others that show it says when the car is asleep.

Newbie owner so I want to learn good practices to prolong battery life. Thank you!

The thread for discussion on that topic is here:

Since this question was answered, but follow on questions will end up being about range, etc, I will lock this one and direct you to that one for any range questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.