Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I put a Model S on a U-Haul Auto Transport?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan to take my car to the track next month and want to tow it with a Ford F-150. I figured I could just get a U-Haul Auto Transport (the one where the whole car goes on top), but their website won't let me do it with that configuration. I chatted with one of their support people online and the claimed that either the car was too heavy for the F-150 (unlikely), or that there wasn't enough clearance to get it on the transport (I have the lift system in my Model S). Anyone try this configuration or any other? Anyone else try trailering their Model S anywhere? I did a search on this forum and no joy. Thanks.

H

Is the car too heavy for the trailer itself? Those ones with the small tires are often just barely accommodating of normal large sedans.

I helped a friend load a stock GTI on one once. Scraped the whole way up the thing. There's not a whole lot of clearance with the steep angles.

My Model S was also delivered on a U-Haul trailer. MAKE SURE you raise the suspension all the way up! I remember thinking that the bottom was going to scrape when the car started down the ramp. It was damn close, but it didn't.

S Trailer.jpg

Yes :biggrin:

Photocredit NEWDL http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10235-Our-Model-S-is-home-(NEWDL-s-Story)

How'd it go? I'm moving at the end of the month from California to vegas and I'd like to do this. I don't have air sus. so hopefully I can get up there without scraping. I moved from florida to california 2 years ago with my Lotus Elise on one of these things and it went fine so I have a good feeling about this. If I was able to get my Lotus on there, I would think I can get the Tesla on without scraping.

Thanks,