Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I re-use my old MY jack pucks on a MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
I'm thinking about replacing my 2020 MY with a 2020 MX and would like to know if the jack pucks are the same. I have a set of jack pucks for the MY that have come in really handy when changing tires, etc. I would like to re-use them for the MX but I don't know if they are compatible. I looked in the MX manual but I couldn't find anything about jack pucks specifically. It said that you have to be careful jacking up the MX and be sure to put it in "jack" mode, but nothing about extra "pucks".

So, can I re-use the pucks from my MY? Or does the MX even need jack pucks at all?

Thanx!
Richard

Never used these on a Y but I have on our X. The X is a really heavy vehicle, I use 2 pucks for lifting. One puck flattens out so much it really would not have to compress too much further for the raised edges of the lifting plate to contact the vehicle. I take the lifting plate off, turn the first upside down and fit it into the jack (perfect fit) then the second plug upright.

Works great for me !

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj and ATPMSD
Here are pictures from the model 3 and model X manuals. I have never jacked up our model X, but my mechanical engineering brain says a single puck like used for the 3/Y would not be a good weight distribution.

5F27E2B9-A21F-4C81-978E-5075501A52C5.jpeg

B39E5A70-C1F9-4044-A5FC-D2C0590A2390.jpeg

That makes sense. I was just curious because it looks like the MX jack plate has 3 holes in it and I didn't know if the extra weight required a more substantial puck or not.

Thanx!
The pucks for 3/Y should suffice.

See this post regarding difference in the jack points between 2021+ (refresh) and older Model X in case you end up buying the type shown in the post.

Reactions: RNHurt