Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I reject perfectly fine car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All Teslas listed in existing inventory and on any used car site use the model year in the title. Tesla makes changes throughout the year so the model year doesn't mean much to a knowledgeable buyer but may be of significance to a less knowledgeable buyer.

Ultrasonic sensors are used for parking. Not for autopilot or emergency breaking. So tailgaiting has nothing to do with it. Tesla lists the four features they've had to disable in the cars without USS so those are the features that make use of them. Only one of those features (Park Assist) is on non-EAP/FSD cars. But it is a valuable feature IMO.
I agree that most buyers will have no clue. However, I was just browsing used Tesla ads and the most some recent ones had "ultrasonic sensors included" in the title even. But just like radar, Tesla may eventually just disable the feature on existing cars with the hardware anyways. If the speculation is true and the new 2023 cars have some updated cameras and Tesla disables USS on older cars then things might flip and a 2023 will become more valuable.
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the USS. Mine are constantly triggered by rainwater running off the front of the car. I thought the problem was fixed by a sensor change last year, but it still occurs. I look forward to the day when they are removed from my car via OTA...

My original EDD was SEP30-OCT27
this was pushed back by changing to a 7 seat configuration
and now I was wondering if the same trick still works as I would like to change the config once a day
Also mim still not finish my payment setup
UPDATE STATUS

After a series operations of changing configuration back and forth

the EDD has been successfully delayed by 2 weeks to NOV15-DEC13

• Funny
Reactions: ord3r
Tesla's official policy they announced a couple days ago is you are allowed to put your order on hold up to the original EDD at time of ordering. Otherwise only a 7 day hold is allowed. So unless the order page said Jan 2023 or later when you placed your order they won't let you hold more than 7days
How do you find the original EDD at time of ordering? I ordered in August and I remember it being April 2023 or something, how can I be sure of that?

I am unclear about the original EDD versus the 30 or 14 day pick up window as stated in the purchase contract. Does the new EDD policy supersede the contract language? Sounds like a breach of terms to me.

Scenario: Original EDD is August 1 2022. Actual Delivery is December 1 2022. Can one still use the 30 or 14 day window to delay pick up?

Thanks.

My EDD has been pushed back from November to Dec. 8 - Dec. 31. Should I try not to take delivery since it's dead-center of the end of the quarter push, which can result in a pretty pissed poor built quality of a car?