TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can I request Tesla to detail the car?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Trevor B, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

There are a few minor things I noticed over the past week, Tesla suggested I bring the car into Fremont and they will fix.

At delivery time, the car wasn't exactly prep'd ... it was ok for the most part, but there were splotches of dirt/glue on the body which (all of which was pointed out at the time to the guy helping me ... they attempted to fix somewhat, but I was more eager to drive off with the car).

Question: Can I request Tesla to detail the car when I take it in? If not, any recommendations for SF/east bay (Berkeley and surroundings)?

Thanks.

2. sroh

sroh Member

I'm sure they would, but many here (me included) would recommend you do NOT have Tesla detail the car. There is a good chance it will come back with more swirl marks from not knowing how to properly wash and detail a car.

If you are taking it to Fremont, you could try OC Detailing and Premier Mobile, both located in Fremont. Only issue is they are both expensive.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Thanks! What might be an approx amount? Just trying to get a ball park figure so I know what to expect.

4. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Active Member

Can you think of any reason not to let Tesla detail a car that already has a full XPEL wrap and CQuartz coating?