Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I reuse Tesla TPMS on aftermarket wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting my MYP in about a week or so. I'm swapping out the stock 21" wheels with 19" Martians. My question is, can my tire shop simply take off the TPMS that are currently on the 21" wheels and reinstall them on the Martian wheels?

I know the Martians are compatible with Tesla TPMS, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't' an issue with taking them off a different set of wheels and reusing them.

Thank you for the help!

You can, but I’d suggest just ordering a new set. If you’re keeping your other wheels, why pay to have it dismounted and rebalanced with cheap rubber stems…and more so if you are selling them. As a MY owner I’m just going to have to go through all the trouble if I buy without TPMS and obviously I’m going to want it.

Reactions: deepbluejh
Yes you can...swapped out the Geminis for Vossens and kept the Continentals. The shop just moved the Tesla TPMS over to the new wheels.

I sold the Geminis to a buyer looking to have a set of winter wheels for his MYP.
What did they charge you (ballpark) to swap the tires and tpms? I’m considering doing the same with uberturbines for TS5s then just selling the Uberturbines without tpms. I figured that’s the best way to minimize my loss.