Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I see a Model 3 in Hawthorne?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MissAutobahn

Elon, please ramp up Berlin GF in plaid mode!
Apr 3, 2016
Germany-Frankfurt
I come from Germany, staying first time ever in L.A. tonight and tomorrow in San Jose.
As one of the first M3 reservation holders in Europe maybe some of you might know me. :oops:
Ofcourse my biggest wish for 3/29 in Hawthorne, or 3/30 near San Jose would be, to see, touch and sit in a Model 3 for just 10 minutes.

Any chance?
I could kiss Mars (@elon!!!) If this will happen tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Well, I can guarantee that you will at least be able to see one in Fremont. Same for the delivery center. However, it's all going to be busy as you say.

Honestly, what I would do is try my luck at the delivery center. Tell an employee you're from Germany and you only have a few minutes. If you ask them nicely enough, they may let you check out a car that is waiting to be delivered. If that doesn't work then flag down someone who just received theirs. I'm sure one of the new owners will let you check out their 3.

Even better would be for someone in the area to meet you and let you check out their 3.

Soo... Anyone in the area feeling hospitable?

Last edited:
Reactions: MissAutobahn
I come from Germany, staying first time ever in L.A. tonight and tomorrow in San Jose.
As one of the first M3 reservation holders in Europe maybe some of you might know me. :oops:
Ofcourse my biggest wish for 3/29 in Hawthorne, or 3/30 near San Jose would be, to see, touch and sit in a Model 3 for just 10 minutes.

Any chance?

I was thinking of Santana Row Store too especially given it's in San Jose. OP give them a call in the morning to confirm but I know they got their display car in many weeks after Stanford did (it left Palo Alto - Stanford from what I think I read).

Here's their phone number:
(408) 249-2815

Hope you get to see one. Chance you might see one on the road around here. Hope you have a nice stay while here for a short time. Don't have my Model 3 yet or would meet up with you. ;)

BTW the Santana Row store is located in a huge mixed use shopping center/residential complex. You'll find interesting shopping and some great eateries all within walking distance of the Tesla store. In the event you have a rental car, there's a parking garage conveniently located behind the Store and in fact it's where the store charges their loaner cars. Also if you have any sightseeing time you will be super close to the famous Winchester Mystery House. They made a movie of it recently with Helen Mirren but it's an interesting guided tour regardless.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Thanks a lot for your help :)
First I'll try to take my chance at the delivery center here in L.A. and tomorrow a second chance at the fremont factory.

Go to the Hawthorne supercharger...

It’s the home of the Tesla Design center and where i first saw Model 3s before they were being delivered
In fact, Franz von Holzhausen parks his red Model 3 there quite often.

Also great to see a full size Falcon 9 and all the rocket parts at SpaceX and the Hyperloop running along the road.

Viel Spaß in Californian, das ist ein ganz tolles Auto!

Tschüss
George

All your offers in private messages and tips to meet with "my" Model 3 .... it was overwhelming!

To resume and FYI:
I got to see the car in the Santana Row Store in San José.
Wow wow wow, what a car
Pics, or it didn't happen?
There you go...!
IMG-20180329-WA0027.jpg

Thanks for reporting back. Hey you look really good with that Model 3 there! Have you decided on a color you will order yet...I know you have some time to think about it but wondering if one color stands out more an any other?

Also curious how much time you got to spend with it while you were in Santana Row Store. I thought about going back into a show room to spend more time in one (have had a number of sit ins already plus an actual drive thanks to an owner) but it's still calling me to come back!

Hilarious March 30 post there on Twitter! I'm sure I would have enjoyed meeting you when you were in San Jose. Will check out your tweets and look forward to hearing more on your Tesla travels. Too bad you couldn't have seen the Semi driving around as well.

Thanks for reporting back. Hey you look really good with that Model 3 there! Have you decided on a color you will order yet...I know you have some time to think about it but wondering if one color stands out more an any other?

Also curious how much time you got to spend with it while you were in Santana Row Store. I thought about going back into a show room to spend more time in one (have had a number of sit ins already plus an actual drive thanks to an owner) but it's still calling me to come back!
I am desperate when it comes to what color :eek:
I think it will end up und basic black and bring it to my carwrap buddy. I'm tired of 50 shades of boring colors.
Either some Very Orange or Glacier Blue.
...or Bahama turquoise... limegreen...?

In the Santana Row Store I had all the time I needed with the displayed M3. Just a few other people were there. Maybe, because it's near the Factory that the store isn't flooded anymore with curious people.

As I had too little time to look for a Model3 today here in Las Vegas, I hope to meet up with someone tomorrow evening near San Jose :)

Sometimes life is hard. Last week I would have had the opportunity to drive a Model3 near Detroit, but... (maybe my boss won't let me love this car and gave me some new driver issues just 2 hours before we would have met up...grrrr...)

Any chance?

If you’re flying into LAX, head to SpaceX which isn’t that far (distance wise. Traffic could make it a bit of a pain). A lot of people there have 3s, and you can check out the first rocket they landed that they have on display, too.

Edit - missed the date this was posted. A little late, I suppose, lol.