Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I Still Buy a Stealth Model 3 (P3D-)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding was the Stealth was always an "off-menu" item that you needed to request from your SA. However, Tesla's website has now seemingly enabled buyers this option directly by allowing one to purchase a Performance Model 3 WITHOUT the extras (no larger brake calipers, no 20" wheels, no spoiler, no lowered suspension) -- thereby a Stealth. BUT Tesla is charging the same price as a fully equipped Performance Model 3 ($8K more than the LR) rather than the previous $2K upcharge for the Stealth. What??

My question: Can I still get my hands on a Stealth (full P3D+ performance -- not the $2K boost upgrade) from an SA without the hefty price tag of the Performance Model? Or did I miss the boat? Please help! Thanks.

if you can find one. most bought in dec
I'm in SoCal. My SA said he gets the list of new vehicle inventory at the same time as all other SA's and would be on the lookout for a Stealth. However, I then called another SA and he said they're now $8K more per the website -- no more off-menu Stealth. It seems SA's are not on the same page or up to speed on Tesla's new changes.

There's a thread here where some stealths with the 2K increase that were mistakenly posted as available to order two weeks ago on the Tesla website and the people who ordered those VINs had their orders cancelled and their online order pages displayed the current pricing in the total. I'm afraid you missed the boat...for now. Who knows, maybe they bring back the off-menu pricing after no one buys the stealth at the current pricing.

Reactions: byeLT4
There's a thread here where some stealths with the 2K increase that were mistakenly posted as available to order two weeks ago on the Tesla website and the people who ordered those VINs had their orders cancelled and their online order pages displayed the current pricing in the total. I'm afraid you missed the boat...for now. Who knows, maybe they bring back the off-menu pricing after no one buys the stealth at the current pricing.

im curious to know if anyone actually successfully took delivery of one with the increased price on the website or is it just there to deter people from ordering it and going with a regular P3

My understanding was the Stealth was always an "off-menu" item that you needed to request from your SA. However, Tesla's website has now seemingly enabled buyers this option directly by allowing one to purchase a Performance Model 3 WITHOUT the extras (no larger brake calipers, no 20" wheels, no spoiler, no lowered suspension) -- thereby a Stealth. BUT Tesla is charging the same price as a fully equipped Performance Model 3 ($8K more than the LR) rather than the previous $2K upcharge for the Stealth. What??

My question: Can I still get my hands on a Stealth (full P3D+ performance -- not the $2K boost upgrade) from an SA without the hefty price tag of the Performance Model? Or did I miss the boat? Please help! Thanks.

At least right now, the answer is "you missed the boat". If the goal was "stealth for 2k more than AWD.

At least right now, the answer is "you missed the boat". If the goal was "stealth for 2k more than AWD.
Disappointed to say the least. My guess is Tesla realized last year that the Stealth model was more in demand than the $2K price increase. As kev1n mentioned earlier in this thread, Tesla's new pricing strategy would seem to purposely push buyers up to the P3 or into the $2K boost upgrade -- both a win for the company and a disappointment for prospective buyers who knew about the Stealth.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
I don’t think we are ever going to see any more Stealth cars priced at $2K above AWD. That was an early demand lever when business was slower.

I do think it is possible that Tesla will offer 19” wheels as an option on the Stealth cars at some point. But for now it’s either 18” wheels and no upgrade or 20” wheels and the full Performance upgrade, both being the exact same price.