Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I still cancel order even after having a delivery date schedule?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Tesla model 3 base this past week. And I was wondering if it was possible for me to cancel an order even though I already have a delivery scheduled for this Sunday (1/22). I understand the $250 order fee is non refundable, however I was waiting to put the $4.5k down after I potentially see the vehicle. Reason why I am considering a cancellation is because the location is about 150 miles and kind of want to get a different color. If so how would I go about cancelling the order?

Thank you all!

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Tesla model 3 base this past week. And I was wondering if it was possible for me to cancel an order even though I already have a delivery scheduled for this Sunday (1/22). I understand the $250 order fee is non refundable, however I was waiting to put the $4.5k down after I potentially see the vehicle. Reason why I am considering a cancellation is because the location is about 150 miles and kind of want to get a different color. If so how would I go about cancelling the order?

Thank you all!
Text Tesla to release the vin and put the order on hold. You may be able to use the 250 deposit to a different vehicle. If text doesn't work call them.

I mean who knows, but I asked that very question. I was told I can wait till it's in front of me and reject it. So long $250, but that's it.

On the other hand my Tesla agent is less informed than I am, so lots of the time I question what they tell me.

One of the "advisors" (I put the word in scare quotes because he is nothing but a 25-year old with a bad attitude) told me (face-to-face, since they don't answer phones or texts!) the phones are "wonky" and they have been trying to fix them.

So, based on a lot of threads here, Tesla fixes phones as well as they fix their cars! LOL.