Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I stop an update from installing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My '19 Model 3 downloaded the new update overnight, and I DON'T want to install it. The car has presented me with 2 options, either "install now" or "schedule update". With the "schedule update" option, it is only a 24-hr clock and I can't select a future date. So, for now, I scheduled it out 23 hours to prevent it from installing. Is this tactic, just continually scheduling out 23 hours, the only option I have to prevent the new update from installing? Is there some other way of preventing a software update once it's already downloaded? TIA

Just keep clicking to decline the install, but really, once you are home and can give up the car for 25 minutes to install, just do it.

You may also prevent bug fix and future software updates if this current one isn't done. I don't recall being able to skip an update and get the next one.

Reactions: BetterSlowDown
No. Software updates are required.

Per User Manual

You must install all software updates as soon as they are available and any harm relating to the failure to install a software update will not be covered by the vehicle’s warranty. Failure or refusal to install such updates may result in the inaccessibility of certain vehicle features (including incompatibility with digital media devices) or in Tesla being unable to diagnose and service your vehicle.