Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I transfer my M3 reservation from US to Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SPadival

May 7, 2016
Oz
Long story short: I may be heading back to Australia. I am hoping there is a way to transfer the reservation without going to the back of the queue.

The mytesla website allows me to change my address including the country. So will that work? :p Has anyone done it?

Long story short: I may be heading back to Australia. I am hoping there is a way to transfer the reservation without going to the back of the queue.

The mytesla website allows me to change my address including the country. So will that work? :p Has anyone done it?

I'd be surprised if Tesla wouldn't accommodate you in your request...doubt you could make the change through "My Tesla" though...I'd try phoning them in Cali.

I too have reserved a M3, so this scenario was something I was also interested in, as if the UK doesn't escape the EU on the 23rd June, then I will resume my plan of moving to Australia permanently. I have had my skills assessed and am on the SOL list, so just need to sell up.

I too have reserved a M3, so this scenario was something I was also interested in, as if the UK doesn't escape the EU on the 23rd June, then I will resume my plan of moving to Australia permanently. I have had my skills assessed and am on the SOL list, so just need to sell up.

Ha ha, I am in the opposite position, have a model X on order in China where I live most of the time and a reservation for a 3 also in China. I have business interests both in China and in the UK. Should Brexit happen it is looking like I will need to move both of my UK businesses somewhere back into the EU and so will need to spend considerably more time in Europe/Britain than originally planned over the coming years. So I will probably try and move my 3 reservation over to either the UK or Europe if we Brexit.

This is not a political thing but a reality due to the nature of the businesses. So the car location switch is a minor detail but I have promised myself that I will not buy another ICE and hope to be able to stick with it. Maybe I can even convince my wife to ditch her gas guzzler once she has tried the X.

It is sad to see that even in my little world there are real life implications to this vote that will affect hundreds of lives and livelihoods. Lets hope that whichever side wins this vote, it is not too damaging for Britain as a whole.

Reactions: nexsuperne101
Just an update. I checked with Tesla in-store sales guys, both in US (Columbus OH) and Australia (Melbourne VIC) - they told me just change the address on your reservation and they will get in touch closer to the delivery time, which, of course, is at least 2 years away :(.

And I went on a 30 minute long Model S test drive as part of Tesla's "Electric Road trip". That gave me enough go on and wait for M3 :)