Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I turn on AC or ventilate from the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being in Florida, a car sitting in a parking lot in summer can get quite hot. I was wondering if can turn on the A/C or some kind of ventilation from the phone app when I'm about to head for the car (or have the car come to me) so that it won't be quite so scorching when I get in.

As a side note, is it possible to leave the car with the windows cracked? That's what I do now to keep the temperature down from incineration levels.

Being in Florida, a car sitting in a parking lot in summer can get quite hot. I was wondering if can turn on the A/C or some kind of ventilation from the phone app when I'm about to head for the car (or have the car come to me) so that it won't be quite so scorching when I get in.

As a side note, is it possible to leave the car with the windows cracked? That's what I do now to keep the temperature down from incineration levels.
Yes! The app lets you turn on the air conditioning system.

If you have the PANO roof, you can vent that. You can't open the windows remotely. I don't know if the car will lock if you leave the windows cracked -- never tried it.

There is also a feature to keep the interior from getting too hot by automatically turning on the a/c. Right now it has a fixed setpoint, but it is supposed to be resetable in future firmware releases.

Of course, but I do it from Apple watch app (called Remote S), which does a few other things as well.