TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Can I turn on AC or ventilate from the app?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Jrogville, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Being in Florida, a car sitting in a parking lot in summer can get quite hot. I was wondering if can turn on the A/C or some kind of ventilation from the phone app when I'm about to head for the car (or have the car come to me) so that it won't be quite so scorching when I get in.

As a side note, is it possible to leave the car with the windows cracked? That's what I do now to keep the temperature down from incineration levels.

2. Ormond

Ormond Member

Yes! The app lets you turn on the air conditioning system.

3. bushburner

bushburner Member

tint and sunshade would be your friend and the climate control with the app will be very useful.

4. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

If you have the PANO roof, you can vent that. You can't open the windows remotely. I don't know if the car will lock if you leave the windows cracked -- never tried it.

There is also a feature to keep the interior from getting too hot by automatically turning on the a/c. Right now it has a fixed setpoint, but it is supposed to be resetable in future firmware releases.

5. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Of course, but I do it from Apple watch app (called Remote S), which does a few other things as well.

6. 777dgt

777dgt Member

with 8.0 software

Tesla keeps temp below 40C/105F by automatically venting cabin & turning on AC when needed. Can do this for up to a year on a full charge.

Select Cabin Temperature Protection in Settings

7. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

That should do the trick. It doesn't have to be cool when I get back, just not burning hot. Good thinking Tesla!