Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can i use my tesla referral code before I take delivery of my car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery of my Model X in March, and have already been given a referral code. Myself and a colleague are planning on getting tesla solar panels installed, and I would like to use my referral code, as I will get $400 cash back for each solar referral.

The question is, do I need to take delivery of my car before I use my referrals? i.e., if my solar panels get installed in Feb, but my car (for which I received the referral code) isnt delivered until March, would I still get the $400?

I am taking delivery of my Model X in March, and have already been given a referral code. Myself and a colleague are planning on getting tesla solar panels installed, and I would like to use my referral code, as I will get $400 cash back for each solar referral.

The question is, do I need to take delivery of my car before I use my referrals? i.e., if my solar panels get installed in Feb, but my car (for which I received the referral code) isnt delivered until March, would I still get the $400?
Check with your OA

You can use your referral code as soon as it is available on your Tesla account. I used mine one month before I took delivery of my X.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Any idea how soon the referral code becomes available after you place an order? I ordered a Performance 3 on Sunday, and already have friends interested in Tesla as a result of our discussions. When will I get a referral code to use? Thanks.