Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I walk-in service center if my model Y AC stopped working in hottest summer days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, My model Y AC stopped working when I’m driving long trip, I’m driving on highway with 104 degrees interior temperature today, and feel like dying.
Also my heat point is activated the whole time, making loud noises the whole day time.

The earliest appointment available is 17th, have anyone experienced this? Can I just drive in to tesla service center tomorrow to get it fixed? I believe it’s undrivable at this point.

Reactions: OldPro
Yes - I started to look into tinting. I know the front windshield gets a ton of solar gain but the roof seems not as much - does that make sense?
Roof radiates a lot of heat into your head area and you will feel a lot of heat all the time with full blowing AC onto your chest area since model 3/Y doesn't really send airflow over to your head effectively. Ever since I block the roof with the sunshade, I use the fan speed 4-5 with 65 degree on 95+F days.

Reactions: Icehedgehog88
Upvote 0
Hi, My model Y AC stopped working when I’m driving long trip, I’m driving on highway with 104 degrees interior temperature today, and feel like dying.
Also my heat point is activated the whole time, making loud noises the whole day time.

The earliest appointment available is 17th, have anyone experienced this? Can I just drive in to tesla service center tomorrow to get it fixed? I believe it’s undrivable at this point.
Sure…. But don’t go empty handed. Take a dozen donuts or maybe some breakfast. If they don’t have the time to fix your car tell them you will come back later.
When you go the next time, take some donuts as well. They will sure appreciate it.
Good luck.

Upvote 0
My AC stopped working too. It would cool for 4-5 minutes, then start blowing warm air, then show the error "VCFRONT_a447 Cabin climate control system requires service". I requested service through the app and the earliest appointment was 3 weeks out. So I drove with my windows open for 3 weeks - I survived. When I took it in for service, they replaced the heat pump and some line assemblies, and I got the car back the following morning.

I can't answer your question about going in without an appointment, but your service center sounds as backed up as mine is, so I would not expect them to help you without an appointment.

Upvote 0
it’s getting hot out here, I tried it once, I don’t think I can survive interior temperature of 104 with window open.
As noted, the service centers aren't open on Sunday, and not this Monday either due to the holiday. Some may be open today (I just looked, the one near me in Lawrenceville NJ is open until 7:00 pm). You better get it in soon if you want to have a shot at getting it fixed today.... Otherwise it's Tuesday.

EDIT: Actually, it might just be the delivery center that is open, not service. Can't tell.

Upvote 0
As noted, the service centers aren't open on Sunday, and not this Monday either due to the holiday. Some may be open today (I just looked, the one near me in Lawrenceville NJ is open until 7:00 pm). You better get it in soon if you want to have a shot at getting it fixed today.... Otherwise it's Tuesday.

EDIT: Actually, it might just be the delivery center that is open, not service. Can't tell.
Don’t think OP has yet said where they are…

Upvote 0
Mine went out in September of 2021. (Tucson AZ) It Took 4 weeks to get in and 4 days for repairs. The only thing that saved me was I had scheduled an appointment to install Homelink garage door mod 2 weeks before. I had actuality went to the service center to see if I could jump the line and was told they are that far behind repairs. They couldn’t order parts ahead of time due to not being torn apart for the diagnostic.

Upvote 0