Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I walk-in service center if my model Y AC stopped working in hottest summer days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, My model Y AC stopped working when I’m driving long trip, I’m driving on highway with 104 degrees interior temperature today, and feel like dying.
Also my heat point is activated the whole time, making loud noises the whole day time.

The earliest appointment available is 17th, have anyone experienced this? Can I just drive in to tesla service center tomorrow to get it fixed? I believe it’s undrivable at this point.

Reactions: OldPro
If you don't have windows and windshield tinted and sunshade for the glass roof, you will feel AC not working or struggling.
Yeah this is absolutely not true. I live in the south and it’s been at or above 100 degrees outside for weeks. I keep my thermostat at 67, have no after market customizations to the window or roof, and have never been hot in my vehicle. Heat pumps work super in the south; in winter in the north, maybe not so much.

Upvote 0
Yeah this is absolutely not true. I live in the south and it’s been at or above 100 degrees outside for weeks. I keep my thermostat at 67, have no after market customizations to the window or roof, and have never been hot in my vehicle. Heat pumps work super in the south; in winter in the north, maybe not so much.
Apparently your tolerant level for heat is way higher than other people. :cool:

Upvote 0
No, I guess I didn’t articulate clearly enough. The climate system in the vehicle is able to maintain the temperature that I choose, 67 degrees. If that’s not comfortable for you then you’ll prolly need to purchase a refrigerated truck.
haha don't be so hostile to someone who just expresses his opinion. Maybe your head is numb enough not feeling it, but without the roof sun shade, you will definitely feel the heat around your head, especially top of your head while the AC is blowing the lowest with the fan setting 10, which just cools up to your face/neck area.
I've tried different combination and different airflow direction, but was not successful to send the air flow to the roof. It is just the design limitation of the fancy air vent/dash. :cool:

Upvote 0
haha don't be so hostile to someone who just expresses his opinion. Maybe your head is numb enough not feeling it, but without the roof sun shade, you will definitely feel the heat around your head, especially top of your head while the AC is blowing the lowest with the fan setting 10, which just cools up to your face/neck area.
I've tried different combination and different airflow direction, but was not successful to send the air flow to the roof. It is just the design limitation of the fancy air vent/dash. :cool:
Not hostile man just direct, I’m not offended that you disagree with me - even though you just basically called me a numbskull:D I’m just stating that what you report is just not true for me. I live farther south than you, and have never even noticed heat coming from the roof. Maybe the cars aren’t consistent and the tinting on mine from the factory is darker than yours. Shoot I’ve even had friends sitting in the back comment that the tinting must be tremendous because they expected to feel hot in an all glass roof but did not. Does your car sit in the sun for extended periods of time before you drive it? Mine usually does not; I park in a garage at home and work. If so, glass stays hot for a long time maybe what you’re feeling is not the sun shining through the glass but the heat stored in it from sitting in the sun.
At any rate I know I’m luckier than others in this respect (knock on wood) neither heat nor cold have been an issue for me so far with the climate system. I just set it on auto and let it do it’s thing.

Reactions: nate704
Upvote 0
Hi, My model Y AC stopped working when I’m driving long trip, I’m driving on highway with 104 degrees interior temperature today, and feel like dying.
Also my heat point is activated the whole time, making loud noises the whole day time.

The earliest appointment available is 17th, have anyone experienced this? Can I just drive in to tesla service center tomorrow to get it fixed? I believe it’s undrivable at this point.
I think it just depends omhow backed up the SC is. Once, i got hit by a rock and got a big windshield crack within 20 minutes of starting a 1200 mile roadtrip. Rather than going back to SC closest to home, I drove to next SC on my route and threw myself at their mercy. They had time to fit me in, gave me a loaner, and got me back on road within 3 hours so I pretty much stayed on schedule. The SC was wonderful.

Reactions: Bouba
Upvote 0
Sometimes what I have notices is that SC appointment is not available and I pick the earliest available and there are multiple SC's within 50 mile range of me, so I keep checking and from time to time an appointment will open up at another location and I reschedule for that location at earlier date/time and they have accepted it no problem. so you may want to just get whatever you can and keep checking for any earlier availability later on.

Upvote 0