Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I Wax Aero Wheel Covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple question I think. I have at last got round to washing my car and then applying autoglym HD wax to it to protect it. Hoping that will make washing easier over the next couple of months. I just wasn't sure if I can wax the wheel covers. It says only use on painted surfaces. Looks like the wheel covers are half painted / half unpainted.

Do you think I can wax the Aero covers or if not what is best to use to protect them?

Also is it Ok to use the wax on the chrome?

Thanks a millón for any advice.

Personally, I took my Aero wheel covers off and am now enjoying the Alloy wheels underneath. However, I can't see how the wax polish could harm the covers.

With regard to the Chrome strips I use Solvol Autosol (sp) on mine. Again, if they are clean and shiny, then I don't think the wax will harm them.

Thanks I won’t wax them. I should be honest, I am not a fan of spending hours washing my car. But the last car I purchased used, the guy waxed it, and for the first 6 months it was so quick and easy to wash. After 6 months all the bird *sugar* became much harder to get off. So I am counting on the wax giving me an easy life for the next 6 months! Ever hopeful!

PS. Not tried it on my chest yet. Maybe if I get really bored in isolation!

Reactions: davidmc and Mr H
Simple question I think. I have at last got round to washing my car and then applying autoglym HD wax to it to protect it. Hoping that will make washing easier over the next couple of months. I just wasn't sure if I can wax the wheel covers. It says only use on painted surfaces. Looks like the wheel covers are half painted / half unpainted.

Do you think I can wax the Aero covers or if not what is best to use to protect them?

No need to do anything other than a simple wash ... they come up like new! I had my car before winter started so they have done the full winter season and the Aeros have dealt with much mud and salt in our remote country location. Having been a bit uncertain about whether I would even keep them I am now a big fan! The cleaning aspect is definitely one of the plusses ... the easiest and quickest of wheels to clean.