Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can my free supercharging from my 2015 Model S (source code SC01) be transferred to my Model X scheduled to arrive next month.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by a Tesla salesperson that he'd heard of owners transferring free supercharging from on older Model S to a new Model S. However, he was NOT aware of transferring between models. I own a 2015 Model S (source code SC01) and have a Model X scheduled to arrive in February. Any information would be appreciated.

I was told by a Tesla salesperson that he'd heard of owners transferring free supercharging from on older Model S to a new Model S. However, he was NOT aware of transferring between models. I own a 2015 Model S (source code SC01) and have a Model X scheduled to arrive in February. Any information would be appreciated.

That stays with the car (in your case). Its transferrable to another owner of your car if you sell it, but its not transferrable off the car. You mention the "tesla salesperson said they had heard of owners...." I havent ever heard of tesla ever transferring ANY software ownership from one vehicle to another.

There is no information to provide you on that, you have the only report of that I have ever heard, and your report is "telephone game" from a tesla salesperson.

Short answer to your question.. "No, wont happen".

Upvote 1
Another Tesla salesman myth.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm. I always thought that Model X and S always came with lifetime free supercharging. My wifey's Model 3 gets charged when she uses the supercharger, but I have never had to pay for any supercharging, ever, over the life of three Model Ses. So, one would never need to "transfer" supercharging to another Model S or X because they come with it.

If they don't, I'd like to hear of it. My daughter is planning on buying a new X, and she'd be ticked if anyone told her she'd have to pay extra to charge on a trip. And she's a big girl. I wouldn't mess with her, myself, and I'm 6'4" and 220 lb. Last time a Tesla salesperson argued with her, he got shredded.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm. I always thought that Model X and S always came with lifetime free supercharging. My wifey's Model 3 gets charged when she uses the supercharger, but I have never had to pay for any supercharging, ever, over the life of three Model Ses. So, one would never need to "transfer" supercharging to another Model S or X because they come with it.

If they don't, I'd like to hear of it. My daughter is planning on buying a new X, and she'd be ticked if anyone told her she'd have to pay extra to charge on a trip. And she's a big girl. I wouldn't mess with her, myself, and I'm 6'4" and 220 lb. Last time a Tesla salesperson argued with her, he got shredded.

“…Tesla occasionally offers Free Supercharging to incentivize the purchase of a new or used Tesla…” If you have free supercharging you were lucky to be in one of those windows.

Reactions: KrenGrl and Rocky_H
Upvote 0
No, they don't all have it.
If they don't, I'd like to hear of it.
The standard way of doing things where S and X always included free, permanent lifetime Supercharging ended on January 15, 2017.

It has been brought back a few times since then as a very short time limited incentive at specific times, like a couple of weeks or a month at the end of a quarter when Tesla was trying to goose sales. But as an ongoing thing, that ended January 2017.

Reactions: moa999
Upvote 0