TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Can my Model S just get here already so I can be productive again...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by srthomas21, Mar 22, 2016.

1. srthomas21

srthomas21 Member

My day:

Wake up check mytesla- still in production- curse

Go to the office try to do some stuff, check forums, check my tesla again, watch youtube videos, try and work some more.

Go down to Tesla dealership, look at cars, see if maybe mine is there and the website is just wrong, test drive a Tesla

Go home, check delivery spreadsheet, see cars that completed production in 4 days compared to my ongoing 8. Curse again.

I'm obsessed in not a healthy way right now.

• Like x 3
  2. HookBill

HookBill Member

And they say March Madness leads to reduced productivity. :)

3. Geoff

Geoff Member

I am not sure you will be any more productive once your car arrives. I know I spent hours (maybe days) driving it, hanging out in it etc.

It is an amazing car! Enjoy!

4. tstafford

tstafford Member

I think the obsession remains the same or gets worse after delivery. I spend a lot of time cleaning, driving, talking about and demoing the car.

• Like x 1
  5. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

As they say "Been there, done that". One year ago today I was 38 days from what would be my delivery day and going through what you describe.

Good luck with the wait. It'll be worth it. :)

6. srthomas21

srthomas21 Member

When my team was still in it my productivity hit an all time low :)

7. HookBill

HookBill Member

Then you got hit with the double whammy this year.

8. strider

strider Active Member

Ha! Just think about all of the Model 3 reservation holders that will have to wait 2+ YEARS to get their cars. We early Model S reservation holders did the same. At least you're only into it for several weeks :)

9. XsuperbikeX

XsuperbikeX Member

Same here! My Model S went into production on 3/17. Last night, MyTesla updated and now has an estimated delivery date between March 31 and April 14th.

It still says the car is in production. Looks like they might push for a Q1 delivery. I think they will hit 16,000 deliveries for Q1 and push the rest into Q2. I saw some posts for owners saying their cars are stuck in transit for days.

10. srthomas21

srthomas21 Member

Let me know when your's is done with production. Mine has been in production for 10 days now. Seems long compared to the other cars I've seen on the spreadsheet.

11. XsuperbikeX

XsuperbikeX Member

I check everyday, so I will post as soon as the status changes. Yes, there are multiple cars on the Model S tracker that have production times between 4 to 6 days. I noticed there are a variety of 70D, 90D and P90D models that were built in just 4 to 5 days. One factor could be the amount of options and most likely location.

12. srthomas21

srthomas21 Member

My 70D has almost every option on it (no smart suspension and no premium sound but everything else) I'm pretty sure it's location favoring grrrr.

13. XsuperbikeX

XsuperbikeX Member

Yea it looks like location has more influence on delivery time.

Got an update! My Model S has been built and is in transit! Estimated delivery has been updated between March 31 and April 7th.

14. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

This brings back so many memories! And now I'm in the same place again! Sold my blue 60 Monday, ordered my gray 90D on March 17. Delayed delivery to June until I know what changes might be announced next week, then I hope to move it up.

In the meantime, I'm driving a friend's 2000 Jetta. Ack!