Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can my wife pick up the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm somewhat desperately hoping/fearing that leaving for three weeks in Europe will induce my car to delivered right after I leave in mid-June Can my wife (with a power of attorney, if needed) pay for and pick up the car? Somewhere in the instructions it says something about all registrants having to be physically present, which seems a little absurd.

The car could be registered in either of our names (or both, but I've found it's easier to have only one owner), it will be a cash transaction.

Thanks!

I'm somewhat desperately hoping/fearing that leaving for three weeks in Europe will induce my car to delivered right after I leave in mid-June Can my wife (with a power of attorney, if needed) pay for and pick up the car? Somewhere in the instructions it says something about all registrants having to be physically present, which seems a little absurd.

The car could be registered in either of our names (or both, but I've found it's easier to have only one owner), it will be a cash transaction.

Thanks!
Yes, all registrants need to be present. Seems silly, but legal mumbo jumbo. Try changing it to your wife. I removed my wife from our reservation because she travels far more than I do.

Yes, all registrants need to be present. Seems silly, but legal mumbo jumbo. Try changing it to your wife. I removed my wife from our reservation because she travels far more than I do.
I wonder what legal mumbo jumbo that might be? I've bought other cars, houses, and biotech companies without having to be there in person-- most sellers only care whether the electrons flow to transfer the money.

I wonder what legal mumbo jumbo that might be? I've bought other cars, houses, and biotech companies without having to be there in person-- most sellers only care whether the electrons flow to transfer the money.
🤷🏼‍♂️ I thought it would be a simple process as well, but our sales guy said told us to finish our profile with whoever’s information will be on the registration and any financing docs. Knowing there’s a chance that a delivery could happen while she’s traveling since she’s gone several times a month, I decided to just list my info. You may be fine since you’re paying cash

I picked up 2 cars in Fremont that were “contactless pickup”. The profiles were completed before pickup. Papers were signed, and ID verification was online. When we got to the lot for pickup, we got app access automatically and drove away. We didn’t have to talk to anyone, sign anything, or do anything. This was aug 2021 and nov 2021.

If this is still true, you can complete the profile as soon as you get a notification it’s ready for pickup. You can do it while you’re in Europe. And give your wife your log in info so she can pick it up with her phone.

Have fun in Europe!

Edit- realized you’re paying cash. That could put a wrinkle in this plan