Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Narrow Track Vehicles form the missing link?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Between car and motor scooter, as a Best of Both Worlds?
The safety and comfort of a car and the maneuverability and economy of a motor scooter.

Electric drive? Great! What's next?

sleek%2Bvehicles%2B%25281%2529.jpg

The issue is people not the tools. As long as there is a tool that will let the buyer imagine he/she can drive themselves and a few of their friends around in high style, that's what they will choose. Even if only twice a year they have more than one person in the car. It's the choices we make. Related, I wanted my girlfriend to get an i3, but up came "what if we need to take the kids and a couple of their friends somewhere....".

The issue is people not the tools. As long as there is a tool that will let the buyer imagine he/she can drive themselves and a few of their friends around in high style, that's what they will choose. Even if only twice a year they have more than one person in the car. It's the choices we make. Related, I wanted my girlfriend to get an i3, but up came "what if we need to take the kids and a couple of their friends somewhere....".

I agree to a certain extent. No need to convince every buyer. With global car sales well over 80 million last year, interesting 1 out of 800 prospective buyers will be enough to have a profitable business model. So, the issue is not yet having the choice (between 'types of tools') and the flexibility one would expect when it comes to going from A to B. There's where TNCs or other sorts of mobility providers may kick in, offering tailor-made mobility. May be a mix of vehicle choices and types of usages, driven personally or chauffeured. Hardware builders (car makers) may be left behind, because their business is solely based on selling cars.

Last edited: