Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can NoA be disabled with FSD enabled with FSD 11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why no mention of the capability removed to adjust following distance. This is very necessary to set high at high speeds and in poor weather but needs to be set low in certain stop and go is <5 MPH or everyone is constantly cutting you off..I.think I will not update to this version for now.
The profiles adjust the distances now. I've noticed a difference in each one on the highway.

I do wish we could get 1 back. I loved how close it followed compared to most manufacturers Cruise Control.

Why no mention of the capability removed to adjust following distance. This is very necessary to set high at high speeds and in poor weather but needs to be set low in certain stop and go is <5 MPH or everyone is constantly cutting you off..I.think I will not update to this version for now.
The follow distance applies to TACC, AP, and NoA, but if you switch to FSD Beta it uses the new profiles. (As far as I recall, FSD Beta hasn't used the following distance setting for a long time.)

Reactions: uscbucsfan
The NOA button may be gone but you can still enable FSD on the highway without a nav destination set. I guess that means it will just go straight and not take any forks as if NOA is disabled.
Maybe. FSD on city streets usually goes straight without a destination. But it will randomly turn at intersections, usually when the main road looks like it T’s. I bet we’ll see some of that on highway also.

Ok, so got a few assumptions wrong.

Minimize Lane changes does revert back after each drive:

View attachment 920133

The three new options for TACC / Auto-steer (beta) / FUll Self-Driving (Beta) is a bad UI element. It should be a tab, not a button, because it changes all the options after. Here are the screenshots of the options:

View attachment 920138View attachment 920139View attachment 920140

I suspect this screen was rushed, and they'll make it more intuitive with time (lol). I also think they will have an option to keep Minimize lane changes on all the time like they did with NoA, someday.
So does clicking on the different tabs (TACC, AP, and FSD) at the top of the Autopilot settings page actually change which modes are enabled? Or are they just menu tabs to organize the various settings onto different screens?

Single stack FSD on highway is not usable in LA traffic. It makes really dumb lane change decisions pissing everyone off including myself. I have to trun Off FSD until Tesla removed NoAP function. I just want the car to go straight. I will take over on lane changes.

Example 1

It will change to the left lane when I just want to do 65mph. Why wouldn't it stay on the right lane doing the speed limit? Everyone on the left wants to do 80, but FSD will automatically change lanes to the left.

Example 2

FSD will take me out of carpool lane and the. Go back in. Why?

Example 3

FSD will go into the carpool lane but thinks there is another lane so it tries to change lanes into the shoulder.

I just want basic AP at this point.

If you prefer an ADAS system instead of an FSD system, there are 2 ways to accommodate this.

1. Set FSD mode to "chill" and "minimal lane change except for nav". I drove for an hour on a 65 MPH highway in the rightmost lane, moderate traffic. At a couple of exits it slowed to 50 MPH due to exit congestion but with the left-most and middle lane available but did not automatically change lanes. You can choose which lane you want. Unfortunately that has to be set on each drive - 3 human actions to enable.

Or

2. Use FSD instead of FSDb on the highway via profiles. Two screen touches.