Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can not activate autopilot after windshield replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So did the automatic recalibration completely finish? With my HW3.0 upgrade I saw a green (blue?) arc complete a full circle and then my autopilot functions returned. It took about 10-15 miles driving in city and highway traffic to complete.

Is your new windshield clean in front of your camera? A few weeks ago I had some bird crap that wouldn't wash off with the wipers and I couldn't engage FSD until I cleaned it with Windex.

So did the automatic recalibration completely finish? With my HW3.0 upgrade I saw a green (blue?) arc complete a full circle and then my autopilot functions returned. It took about 10-15 miles driving in city and highway traffic to complete.

Is your new windshield clean in front of your camera? A few weeks ago I had some bird crap that wouldn't wash off with the wipers and I couldn't engage FSD until I cleaned it with Windex.
Yes, the recalibration was fully complete. I also tried recalibration twice but it’s not fixing the problem.

Just replaced windshield on my 2018 model 3. After driving a while to recalibrate cameras, I got message saying camera alignment needed and autopilot won’t engage. Anyone had same problem?
You dont say how/who replaced it, but windshield replacements are tricky these days with the various cameras (not just a Tesla problem). You might have to get a service appt to get this resolved.

I had to replace my front windshield due to a crack and had the same issue. The guys at the SC told me to give it a couple of days and I did and everything started to work fine. Something about vapors when the sensor housing is reattached.