Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can one pause the FSD beta request?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that I'm aware of. You're asking for an "easy button" for "gaming the system" basically.

That's not who Tesla wants. They want type-A, feature-obsessed, attention-to-detail types who are going to monomaniacally pursue and test this product, not folks who just want to play with it. Those with 99's and 100's are plenty good at gaming the system on their own, no easy button needed. Those of us who need help (at a 96 currently, waiting for some early FCWs to age out in a few weeks) don't qualify yet.

Reactions: ChimpledPot
Upvote 0
Thanks. In my mind I’m not trying to “game” the system I just legitimately want a break. I’ve been at 97 for about 2 weeks. I’ve gotten 100 and 99 everyday but still no movement. Lately, I’ve been not using a lot of autopilot so I can wrack up points and I’m still at 97.
Frankly I’m disappointed that the beta score is the only criteria for getting FSD beta because it can be gamed. I think using autopilot/ FSD beta is an acquired skill. Over the last 3 years I have definitely learned how to use autopilot better as well as experienced it’s progression. IMO those who have FSD beta but have NOT used a lot of autopilot will be at a disadvantage. Also I thought Elon didn’t like gaming systems - if so then he would have used lidar!

Reactions: Terminator857
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the beta request and/or beta safety score can be temporarily turned off and then on again without loosing ones safety score or place in line?
I need a break from “grandma” driving.

I think I read someone did that but when enrolling back, the past records are still intact but we are not sure how the selection would work:

Supposedly, I got 97% for the past 2 weeks and got tired and want to take a break for 1 week, when I enroll back in, my 2 week-record is still there but my past 7 days would be zero driving record. If Tesla select the last 7-day driving record only, that would not be good for me.

Lots of unknown.

Upvote 0