Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can one request a supercharger location to Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to suggest a supercharger location to Tesla HQ?

I'm looking at the map and while it looks like East-West routes are getting connected some North-South routes are a little less formed.

Specifically, I'm talking about a potential location in Kansas City, Kansas. It's new retail and hotel location going in across I-70 highway from the Kansas Speedway. 110th and I-70 for those playing along at home in KCK.

Yes, there is a SC in Topeka and in Independence, MO but this location offers logistical possibilities that both don't.

From this location you could get to Omaha (Council Bluffs SC) or Topeka or Independence, Mo. As well as Emporia's soon to be location. I-70/I-35/I-435 are all routes that could benefit.

I'm sure everyone has a good reason for why their area would benefit from a SC location but my IMBY (minus the N) desires would like it.

Thanks for any tips for requesting to the mothership!

Note that on Tesla's Find Us map there's a new Supercharger indicated for Kansas City, MO by end of 2017. Note that those "Coming Soon" locations are not specific and instead just put in the general area.

I'm sure that at the very least Tesla is aware that it needs something that will serve I-35 better.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
It's new retail and hotel location going in across I-70 highway from the Kansas Speedway. 110th and I-70 for those playing along at home in KCK.

It looks like they were making a start last time the Google Maps imagery was updated!

upload_2017-9-6_22-15-45.png

Reactions: kwjayhawk
It looks like they were making a start last time the Google Maps imagery was updated!

View attachment 246050

That is exactly the location. Drove by it this morning. Few more heavy equipment pieces on the plot of land but otherwise still dirt. Perfect opportunity. I did try that request link but noted I was only an enthusiast and not a business owner.

In regards to the KC pin on the 2017 map, I've heard that it is a downtown KCMO location. I imagine if it's going for 2017 in time it's planned out already in there. This would be a great 2018 opportunity!

My understanding is that Tesla is still looking for locations for some of the pins on the 2017 map. While they'll take general "I think this would be a good place" suggestions, what's really helpful is if you have a preexisting relationship and can make an introduction.

It's amazing to me how many developers still don't see the opportunity. How often do people spend money with the local merchants while charging? We're easily >50%. Sometimes it may just be for a drink or a meal, but damn those outlet malls.

I think the Hy-Vee in St. Joe makes more sense. With a Kansas Speedway location a Model 3 SR or Model S60 would use 90% charge from Council Bluffs to this location. In the winter it would not make it unless you slowed down.

I think the Hy-Vee in St. Joe makes more sense. With a Kansas Speedway location a Model 3 SR or Model S60 would use 90% charge from Council Bluffs to this location. In the winter it would not make it unless you slowed down.
Absolutely. St Joe and then Sioux City to connect up to Sioux Falls. I'm going for a CPO at the end of the year and those two sports, plus legends, would be a complete course to my travel needs forever more.

My understanding is that Tesla is still looking for locations for some of the pins on the 2017 map. While they'll take general "I think this would be a good place" suggestions, what's really helpful is if you have a preexisting relationship and can make an introduction.

It's amazing to me how many developers still don't see the opportunity. How often do people spend money with the local merchants while charging? We're easily >50%. Sometimes it may just be for a drink or a meal, but damn those outlet malls.

Is there a link or email to contact? The above link is no good.

I ended up following that 2013 form post @Tiger linked. It had a bad link on the tesla page (teslafactory domain?) but it redirected me to a business application form. I stated I was not a business owner of that area, rather someone who thought it might be a good place.

Don't know (or think) I'll hear back but if I do I'll be sure to share!

Wish those darned CPOs would come back down in price. I wonder if end of quarter they raise CPO prices to make the new models look more attractive. There was a 60 with limited options (body roof, no SAS- my two preferences!) for $30.4 a few weeks ago. Now the cheapest is $45 and an 85 model is $50k!

I sent in a similar suggestion a while back, but for the Legends area north of I-70 instead of the unnamed development south of I-70. There are a lot of restaurants and stores already in the Legends area.

In regards to the KC pin on the 2017 map, I've heard that it is a downtown KCMO location. I imagine if it's going for 2017 in time it's planned out already in there. This would be a great 2018 opportunity!

I think the pin in the current map for the new KC location is not meant to specify an exact location, but just indicate Kansas City. Once they pick a specific location, the pin will move to it. On the other hand, it does say "Target opening by end of 2017", and there is no way to meet that goal unless construction is well underway. My money is on that target date slipping.