Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can only set charge to max 93%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I've just gone into my app to change the max charge percentage for tonight's charge, but noticed that the lines on the battery no longer signify the 10% increments of 50%, 60% 70% etc. They line up with 56% 65% and 74%, for example. So I put the slider all the way to the top and it said 93%... Where's the top 7% gone?!

My car is just over a year old M3P with less than 4000 miles on it, thanks to the pandemic.

The only factor I can think of is that it's cold outside tonight, just below freezing. I have the snowflake symbol over the battery. Does that make it stop you from charging to 100% for some reason?

Also, recently I've been setting the car to stop at, say 70%, then coming out in the morning to find that it hasn't stopped and has gone way over. The other day it got to 77%, which is nearly an hour's worth of extra charging. Any ideas why this might be? Only seems to have happened recently. Before it would maybe go over 1 or 2%, but recently it's much more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211_230004_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210211_230004_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 144
Hi all, I've just gone into my app to change the max charge percentage for tonight's charge, but noticed that the lines on the battery no longer signify the 10% increments of 50%, 60% 70% etc. They line up with 56% 65% and 74%, for example. So I put the slider all the way to the top and it said 93%... Where's the top 7% gone?!

My car is just over a year old M3P with less than 4000 miles on it, thanks to the pandemic.

The only factor I can think of is that it's cold outside tonight, just below freezing. I have the snowflake symbol over the battery. Does that make it stop you from charging to 100% for some reason?

Also, recently I've been setting the car to stop at, say 70%, then coming out in the morning to find that it hasn't stopped and has gone way over. The other day it got to 77%, which is nearly an hour's worth of extra charging. Any ideas why this might be? Only seems to have happened recently. Before it would maybe go over 1 or 2%, but recently it's much more.

As stated, the blue part tells you the battery is cold soaked. That part will unlock itself after the battery warms up. That may take some time, however. Depends on the weather, and the charging speed you have.