Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can ScanMyTesla log data?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Specifically wondering if ScanMyTesla can log motor power data over a fairly long period, like two to three hours. I know services like Teslafi can log wh/mi over a drive, but it doesn't break it down to every minute or ten minutes, etc.

I'm trying to assemble a project to do a deep dive into efficiency data and would like the granularity of about 1 minute or so to log the amount of power that is being pulled from the battery or sent back to the battery. That would allow me then to combine with other data and find any specific segment's wh/mi (lower speed section, uphill or downhill section, etc).

Yes. The problem is that it logs everything in milliseconds, so there will be a lot of data. I try and keep my logs 45 minutes or less, but I'm monitoring 15 fields. If you're only monitoring a few, it might be manageable.

Oh nice! Does it log to an iphone app, or do you need to setup an app or connection to a laptop to get the logging feature?

Also, would I have to add the energy going to each motor, or does it actually have a "total energy" field or something where it'll add up energy going (or coming) from motors plus any accessory drain.

Oh nice! Does it log to an iphone app, or do you need to setup an app or connection to a laptop to get the logging feature?

Also, would I have to add the energy going to each motor, or does it actually have a "total energy" field or something where it'll add up energy going (or coming) from motors plus any accessory drain.
It'll log to the phone's memory in CSV format.
They just released new hardware that will allow the logs to be stored in the cloud. Some use the raspberry pi.

You can monitor each motor, or you can monitor battery power, which can be positive or negative (regen).

Attachments

• 20210408_205829.jpg
    20210408_205829.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 139
It'll log to the phone's memory in CSV format.
They just released new hardware that will allow the logs to be stored in the cloud. Some use the raspberry pi.

You can monitor each motor, or you can monitor battery power, which can be positive or negative (regen).

Nice!!

What new hardware is that? (Sorry, the scan my tesla site is a little.... not "retail" focused so it's hard to quickly find if there is a new recommended hardware package released or anything...

I really don't need to know what is going on with my car 300 times a second! I really wish the program allowed the datadump logging to occur at a set frequency to allow for logs over a longer period of time... it is also harder to deal with files where one reading is logged every millisecond and the other only a few times a second... it takes a lot of excel filtering and deleting to get a workable file.